Numbers file as note / view with windows

Hello, I'm in a German group and we have a problem. When I put a numbers file in a note and the other person try to read this note with an windows pc, he isn't able to open and read this numers file. What are we doing wrong?

Thank you for your answer.

Heike

Screenshot (2).jpg

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, KMCLENZ said:

Hello, I'm in a German group and we have a problem. When I put a numbers file in a note and the other person try to read this note with an windows pc, he isn't able to open and read this numers file. What are we doing wrong?

Thank you for your answer.

Heike

Does he have something that will read a Numbers file on his PC?

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, KMCLENZ said:

When I put a numbers file in a note and the other person try to read this note with an windows pc, he isn't able to open and read this numers file.

I'm guessing you're using Apple Numbers on a Mac    
By default Apple Numbers creates .number format files (excel format is an option)
You might want to switch to excel format for cross platform compatibility

• Level 5

You can save the table in numbers using the Excel format. This works for simple tables, less so for anything more complex.

Or it needs to be exported on the Windows PC from EN, to be opened with iCloud in a browser window. Here is how:

https://tipps.computerbild.de/software/officeprogramme/numbers-dokument-mit-excel-oeffnen-so-klappt-es-708821.html