pin "All Notes" to the sidebar

BobSF

Idea

It would be useful to be able to pin All Notes in the sidebar (under New Note)

With this feature, when we scroll down to see the notebooks that are not visible due to the height of the screen, we call still get back to All Notes quickly.

Currently, All Notes disappears when we scroll down. This feature is important because, I am so used to clicking on All Notes but I keep clicking on New Note when All Notes disappears. Then I have delete the new note and go back and find All Notes

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, BobSF said:

I am using MacBook Pro. Windows has this problem too, I believe.  

On Windows you can add All Notes to the toolbar which stays in place.  Not sure on the Mac.  The Find in Evernote hotkey does pretty much the same thing, Windows anyway.

ScreenClip.png.c2ecf4733f965322fb828a318ef9b8f6.png

3 minutes ago, CalS said:

On Windows you can add All Notes to the toolbar which stays in place.  Not sure on the Mac.  The Find in Evernote hotkey does pretty much the same thing.

ScreenClip.png.c2ecf4733f965322fb828a318ef9b8f6.png

I see that your sidebar is not expanded. This is a problem when the sidebar is expanded and you have many, many notebooks, and you scroll down to see the notebooks that are all the way in the bottom (that are not visible due to screen height limitation). 

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, BobSF said:

I see that your sidebar is not expanded. This is a problem when the sidebar is expanded and you have many, many notebooks, and you scroll down to see the notebooks that are all the way in the bottom (that are not visible due to screen height limitation). 

Yeah, I get that.  I don't have that many notebooks so not an issue in general for me so I keep the panel closed.  Plus EN Windows handles this "better" based upon the methods listed above, All Notes icon in the toolbar or Find in Evernote hotkey.  On the Mac you can use the notebook dropdown at the top of the note list to get to all notes pending EN implementing a mod such as this.  Two clicks versus one.  

582267600_ScreenShot2020-08-11at2_46_28PM.png.2af090336cc8c08826db35338a16d093.png

18 minutes ago, CalS said:

Yeah, I get that.  I don't have that many notebooks so not an issue in general for me so I keep the panel closed.  Plus EN Windows handles this "better" based upon the methods listed above, All Notes icon in the toolbar or Find in Evernote hotkey.  On the Mac you can use the notebook dropdown at the top of the note list to get to all notes pending EN implementing a mod such as this.  Two clicks versus one.  

582267600_ScreenShot2020-08-11at2_46_28PM.png.2af090336cc8c08826db35338a16d093.png

NOPE. WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DOESN'T SOLVE THE ISSUE. PLEASE STOP PUTTING OUT WRONG INFO AND DISTRACTING FROM THE MAIN REASON FOR THE FEATURE REQUEST. 

IF YOU DON'T HAVE MANY NOTEBOOKS, THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE FOR YOU, AND YOU DON'T NEED TO BE COMMENTING HERE. 

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, BobSF said:

NOPE. WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DOESN'T SOLVE THE ISSUE. PLEASE STOP PUTTING OUT WRONG INFO AND DISTRACTING FROM THE MAIN REASON FOR THE FEATURE REQUEST. 

IF YOU DON'T HAVE MANY NOTEBOOKS, THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE FOR YOU, AND YOU DON'T NEED TO BE COMMENTING HERE. 

Just offering workarounds, not solving the issue, that's EN's job should they decide to do it.  Nice use of all caps and magenta.  Striking.  Let me know what the wrong info is and I will correct the post.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, BobSF said:

1857360424_ScreenShot2020-08-11at1_29_18PM.png.2d90c98019a8e04c612f090c68846534.pngI also run with a minimized sidebar (Mac)
and longpress the notebook icon to see the notebook list

We can scroll the list without scrolling the sidebar
The notes icon is always visible

As you pointed out, there are problems with an expanded sidebar; scrolling 
Also, I like a less cluttered desktop

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

1857360424_ScreenShot2020-08-11at1_29_18PM.png.2d90c98019a8e04c612f090c68846534.pngI also run with a minimized sidebar (Mac)
and longpress the notebook icon to see the notebook list

We can scroll the list without scrolling the sidebar
The notes icon is always visible

As you pointed out, there are problems with an expanded sidebar; scrolling 
Also, I like a less cluttered desktop

Thank you! Longpress is helpful for now, but doesn't solve the problem as it takes longer to do what I need to do. 

I agree. Just like Apple Notes now has this capability. All Pinned notes are at the top, above non pinned notes. If you select "All iCloud", then all Pinned notes are at the top, no matter which folder they are stored. 

image.thumb.png.81b30734fee748d31c35fcba1fc8a1bf.png

• Thanks 1