Android - "clip again" no longer an option?

Hi, sometimes notes fail to be clipped, not a huge deal.  But I recall in the past there was an option on Android (whether or not the clip had failed) to "clip again".  EN would ask "what went wrong?" and would present me with (if I recall correctly) three options: "clipped ads instead of content" (or something like that), and then a second option that I do not recall, and the third option was "something else".  I do not see any options to "clip again" anymore.  Pizel2XL Android9.  Is this intentional?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I don't remember Evernote failing to create a text or full page clip recently. If it does happen though,  is there a problem with simply repeating the request as though it were the first time?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, gazumped said:

is there a problem with simply repeating the request as though it were the first time?

Yes, I don't keep the links I want to save open just in case evernote decides to have a problem saving them. Ideally one would use a product that doesn't have these issues.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, danielbg said:

Yes, I don't keep the links I want to save open just in case evernote decides to have a problem saving them. Ideally one would use a product that doesn't have these issues.

Ideally,  the internet would be perfect;  but it rarely is - one needs to be flexible...

• 3 weeks later...

I was just curious if the change in functionality was intentional, or if it was a bug.  It was (ironically) "convenenient" (as far as conveniences related to inconveniences go) to be able to ask EN to try to clip again instead of "forcing" me to go back to the website and do it myself....oh well.  Adaptation....

• 10 months later...

I'm sorry but what an incredibly stupid response and attitude. Specially considering how sucky EN has become of late

On 8/28/2020 at 5:16 PM, gazumped said:

Ideally,  the internet would be perfect;  but it rarely is - one needs to be flexible...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, danielbg said:

I'm sorry but what an incredibly stupid response and attitude. Specially considering how sucky EN has become of late

I'm flattered that you revisited a year-old thread to insult me,  but I thought we were talking about clipping where,  if the original request hangs or fails you generally get a note with an error message - that note also showing the original URL of the intended clip.  It is one tap to go back to the original using that link and re-clip the page. 

As to 'flexibility',  the choices are: moan about it to the Forums, or find another way to acquire that web content.  There are several options...

• Haha 1