Jump to content

Evernote Web Clipper "Multipage Clips" Feature Clarification


Recommended Posts

I just noticed a "Multipage clips" option in Evernote Web Clipper. It says it will "Clip all pages into a single note." Does anyone know specifically what this does? I have a specific use case and I'm hoping it does what I hope, but curious if anyone has any further clarity or experience with it. Thanks!

image.png.d5d0cd9d7d799a92bfd7d9dbb7bb5112.png

Link to post
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

I just noticed a "Multipage clips" option in Evernote Web Clipper. It says it will "Clip all pages into a single note." Does anyone know specifically what this does? I have a specific use case and I'm hoping it does what I hope, but curious if anyone has any further clarity or experience with it. Thanks!

Don't know.  Could you test it on your use case and let us know?

Link to post
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Don't know.  Could you test it on your use cas and let us know?

I wish I could test, but I don't know how to execute the feature! 🤣 I checked the box to activate the feature, supposedly. But, I don't see an interface option.

I wonder if it's for PDFs, or other documents, that are multi-page?

I was hoping it was for multiple pages hyperlinked from a singular web page, similar to how some Web browsers download/save pages and their linked-to pages. 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
38 minutes ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

I wish I could test, but I don't know how to execute the feature! 🤣 I checked the box to activate the feature, supposedly. But, I don't see an interface option.

I wonder if it's for PDFs, or other documents, that are multi-page?

I was hoping it was for multiple pages hyperlinked from a singular web page, similar to how some Web browsers download/save pages and their linked-to pages. 

I would guess it is supposed to work on pages with links that point to subsequent pages, bundling multiple web pages into one clip.  A guess.  If I bump into one of those I'll give it a go.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm also looking for answers on how to clip multiple pages to one document.  It looks like this was a feature that may have worked at one time, but it's clearly not working now. Hoping someone from Evernote reads this and can at least provide an explanation as to either:  a) the feature doesn't exist or  b) that it does (with an explanation on using it) so that I can at least stop wasting time searching the internet on how to clip multiple pages.

 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
9 hours ago, rswain123 said:

I'm also looking for answers on how to clip multiple pages to one document.  It looks like this was a feature that may have worked at one time, but it's clearly not working now. Hoping someone from Evernote reads this and can at least provide an explanation as to either:  a) the feature doesn't exist or  b) that it does (with an explanation on using it) so that I can at least stop wasting time searching the internet on how to clip multiple pages.

 

Hi.  This thread is about a confusing menu item.  It is possible to include multiple clips in one document by

  • taking separate clips and merging notes
  • creating a new note and taking multiple screen grabs
  • copying and pasting areas of the screen

Evernote may have added (or be planning to add) a more elegant option,  but given the number of posts in the Forums currently it's highly unlikely you'll get any individual comment here.  If you can give us more details of the use case you envisage maybe someone here can offer better suggestions,  or you could open a support ticket for a direct response in due time...

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...