Evernote:(Not Responding) - performance sucks

Evernote's favorite thing is to freeze for seconds, or minutes, saying "Evernote: Not Responding"

Windows performance is bad, getting worse.

I'm starting to think borderline unusable.

Any suggestions??

thx,

• Level 5

Among all measures to improve performance, the most effective is to install on a SSD drive.

There are others: Parts of the data base can be improved with the extended Help menu. Hold down the ctrl-key before clicking on help. Below the usual menu items are additional ones, which run through the data base and check for errors. You can try one option after the other, but let the program time to run its course before starting the next one.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, markeh said:

Evernote's favorite thing is to freeze for seconds, or minutes, saying "Evernote: Not Responding"

Any suggestions??

thx,

This seems to affect a small subset of users.  Up to recently I was pretty much immune,  but from a few months back this is my experience too.  I raised it with Support jumped through several hoops including a database rebuild and submitting logs for a few days,  and I'm currently waiting on a developer to comment further.  I'd recommend involving Support - the more information they / developers have,  the more likely they are to be able to fix it!

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, markeh said:

Any suggestions??

thx,

See my post here. Virtually identical answer. 

• Like 2