Evernote Web Load Time, it takes over two minutes every time

• Level 5*

I don't use the web all that often so not sure when this may have occurred.  It now takes over two minutes from when I log into EN on the web until I get any kind of screen displaying notes.  Once I do get some notes to look at it may take a minute or more before the note is displayed.  It seems if I hit the refresh icon in the browser after slow note changes things speed up for a while.  Reminder searches do not work.  This is with version 5.33.0 using Edge.

If I go back to the previous version (no version number available) everything runs as well as one can expect with a browser, though reminder searches don't work there either.

To add to the weirdness, as I was going through this I noticed a note in my Edge "old" Inbox notebook, named Untitled note.  It does not appear in my desktop Inbox.  I opened new EN web in Brave and the note appeared in the Inbox there as well.  I renamed the note and added a tag and it "synced" between the browsers but did not sync to the desktop. Added an attachment with Edge "old", shows up in Brave "new", not in desktop.  Some sort of phantom note that is not getting to the desktop but lives on the server.  Not a note of merit, so who cares other than REALLY?

EDIT:

Last step, deleted the attachment and added some text to the note and it now appears on the desktop.  The note has a create date of 7/16 so unclear as to why it was not in my desktop inbox or what of the machinations forced it to sync to the desktop.  Sweet mysteries of life.

EDIT to the EDIT:

Checked history and there is no 7/16 entry.

ScreenClip.png.08928f0b9c2a31fa04f441a783ca3762.png

• Level 5*

Good to know I'm not the only one having 'odd' issues.  I do agree that the message "The site may take longer to load the first time you use it" (or whatever) gets a little frustrating since the site takes longer to load no matter how many times you try...

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Good to know I'm not the only one having 'odd' issues.  I do agree that the message "The site may take longer to load the first time you use it" (or whatever) gets a little frustrating since the site takes longer to load no matter how many times you try...

Misery loves company???  :rolleyes:

I see reference to 6.16.1 which must be the beta which hopefully is running better.  I have access to classic, previous and new (5.33.0 I think). None of which handle reminders correctly and all of which have spurts of just not working, particularly the newer versions.  A real dog's dinner.  Glad I don't have to use the web.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, CalS said:

Misery loves company???  :rolleyes:

I see reference to 6.16.1 which must be the beta which hopefully is running better.  I have access to classic, previous and new (5.33.0 I think). None of which handle reminders correctly and all of which have spurts of just not working, particularly the newer versions.  A real dog's dinner.  Glad I don't have to use the web.

Yeah - I'm still on 5.33 as the 'most recent' version.  Frustrating rollout,  but like you I prefer to avoid the web version unless there's no other option...

• Like 1