Error saying I've "reached my monthly upload limit"

Hello!

I can't figure out what's wrong. I haven't been able to upload any new notes in MONTHS because of this error (and I've been procrastinating dealing with it). It always says "You've reached your monthly upload limit. Some notes cannot be synced. Upgrade now for more space and other great features." 

Is this just a scam to make me pay for an upgrade I can't afford right now? 😭 I have a Basic account at the moment, and I'm not about to upgrade when even this bug hasn't resolved in months. I can't submit a ticket for an obvious technical issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program on my laptop - that didn't work either. Please help!

• Level 5

The Upload does not only apply for new notes, it counts as well notes that are downloaded and modified as upload. Just an idea of what may be the reason. Besides this is a user forum, we can’t solve account issues.

There is a simple solution for you: Get a cup of Starbucks less, invest it to go for Premium for 1 month, and issue a support ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, thatpurpleone said:

I haven't been able to upload any new notes in MONTHS

The limit resets each month.  Per @PinkElephant if the first thing you do is modify existing notes you can consume the limit before you add any new notes.  But if you start with new notes you should be able to upload 60MB worth.  Unless I suppose you have some notes in the backlog.  You could check for unsynced notes and see if you do have a backlog.

• Like 1

here is a simple solution for you: Get a cup of Starbucks less, invest it to go for Premium for 1 month, and issue a support ticket. 

•  

Ha! Bold of you to assume I can afford Starbucks. I would love to have a paid subscription if I could afford it. In fact, I did - but had to cut down on some luxuries. I literally live in a third world country, there's like 2 Starbucks in my city, and none in a 8 km radius of my residence or place of work (which I'm not going to anymore because of the pandemic) or my school. Check your privilege.

I appreciate the advice, but I'm not about to pay for something that isn't working properly in the first place just so it might when I have to worry about stuff like bills.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5

@thatpurpleone, I'm not sure I'd agree with @gazumped that Evernote is working fine, if you haven't been able to upload anything for months. At some point in there, your monthly limit should have reset and you should have been able to sync--unless the unsynced notes are so large that, all by themselves, they would exceed the limit. Is that possible?

A couple of other basic questions: What interface to Evernote are you using: Web, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS? How many notes do you have altogether? What is the total size of the unsynced ones?

If there are not very many notes involved, one solution might be to create a second Basic account (if you have a second email address) and laboriously copy the content of the unsynced notes into new notes in that account. Assuming that they do not in fact exceed the monthly limit, that would at least get those notes stored on Evernote's servers until the mess can be sorted out.

I'm also going to tap @Shane D. on the shoulder, since he is the ace at settling account issues.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

I'm also a basic plan user because I do not need more space, but I'm not sure why my monthly upload limit is not resetting though?? It's been exactly a month since I started using Evernote and I literally reached the limit just 32 days after. 

Can someone help with this? Why is mine not resetting? Should i contact technical support if it hasn't reset?

• Level 5*
On 7/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, imontheinternet123 said:

Hi all, 

I'm also a basic plan user because I do not need more space, but I'm not sure why my monthly upload limit is not resetting though?? It's been exactly a month since I started using Evernote and I literally reached the limit just 32 days after. 

Can someone help with this? Why is mine not resetting? Should i contact technical support if it hasn't reset?

Hi.  Unfortunately Basic users don't get email support,  though there is @EvernoteHelps on Twitter,  and there's an Evernote community on Facebook.

If you check your usage by signing in to Evernote.com via a browser you can verify your stats and the length of time it will be before a reset.  (Go here and look down the page for usage)

If the account still works for you it should be possible to save to a Local (unsynced) Notebook pending the reset,  or you could start another free account if you have another email address to use.  (Addresses are specific to one account.)

What is a local notebook?

• 2 years later...

I can verify that this can happen even when the account quota has not been exceeded.

My office has been using Evernote for many years with no user ever exceeding a quota.  We use mostly text messages and are seldom over 1MB by month's end.  Then on Friday we were all over quota.  When we went to Tools> Account, we could see that none of us were actually over our quota.  I had been doing a lot of file and folder management, so was at 45 MB of 10 GB.  Nonetheless I was over limit.  A staff member on free was at 0 of 60 MB today because her month reset over the weekend yet she is locked out.

A nice guy in tech support named Daniel helped get this all sorted out, but errors do occur, and they are not always the fault of the user. 

I can also confirm that waiting for the monthly reset does not always help.  It did not in our case.  It took tech support to fix it, and unfortunately I am not clear on exactly what was done.  I think he just added to our quotas so that Evernote could see the capacity and get past the problem.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Personally I have no insight into how quotas are calculated. In case of a doubt I would need to contact support myself.

But a general remark: You seem to be running a business operation based on free accounts. You can do so, and you obviously did for years. But if anything fails, you resp. the people out there working for you are on their own.

If this loss of business traction offsets the money saved on a Teams account you need to know yourself.