Export shrinks font size

I just exported one Evernote notebook in which the font was Helvetica Neue 16.

I used File/Export to a .enex file.

When I imported that file into Apple Notes the font size was 8. I then imported the file into DevonThink 3 and it was also 8.

So something in Evernote's export function is shrinking the font size. Is there any way to change that? I'd like the font size to remain the same when I import the .enex file into another app.

Is it possible to do that?

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, rogbar said:

I just exported one Evernote notebook in which the font was Helvetica Neue 16.

I used File/Export to a .enex file.

When I imported that file into Apple Notes the font size was 8. I then imported the file into DevonThink 3 and it was also 8.

By default, notes have no font specification114485273_ScreenShot2020-07-22at5_26_47PM.png.f3f46096f2a703f513de0231a0555a51.png
Here's the .enex export of a single note
There is no font specification in the .enex file

It is possible to explicitly define font/size for text within a note
This will be replicated in the .enex file, for example
<div><font style="font-size: 18px;">Single Note</font></div>

Hi - thanks for the quick response. I'm not clear as to what I can do with this information. I have thousands of notes to export. Would I have to explicitly define the font/size for each note, or just once in then .enex file?

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, rogbar said:

Hi - thanks for the quick response. I'm not clear as to what I can do with this information. I have thousands of notes to export. Would I have to explicitly define the font/size for each note, or just once in then .enex file?

No, you don't have to explicitly set font/size

In Evernote, set the default text size in Evernote > Preferences1402856395_ScreenShot2020-07-22at6_23_16PM.png.edb7f3d09420ab4eeddaa9bdd5d17012.png

In Apple Notes, set the default text size in Notes > Preferences1224515263_ScreenShot2020-07-22at6_23_53PM.png.a0d420dfad96c4353786335cedca83e6.png

That's the first thing I tried, and it doesn't do it. If I increase the Evernote font size to 16, it shows up as 10.3 in Notes, no matter how I change the Notes preferences. If I increase the Evernote size to 18, it's 12 in Notes. If I increase Evernote to 24, it's 16 in Notes. For some reason, it gets reduced by 1/3 each time. 

I can make it look okay on the Mac (by sliding the slider in Preferences), but in iOS, it stays small.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, rogbar said:

If I increase the Evernote font size to 16, it shows up as 10.3 in Notes

I think I've shown the "shrinkage" is not done at the Evernote export
Your issue is with the apps importing the .enex file

btw  If you import the .enex file back into Evernote, the font/size is preserved

Thank you - you're so right. I just exported from EN and then re-imported into EN, and the size remained the same. Bizarre that other apps would change the size. I'm curious: you have any idea why?