Open note in new tab/window (ability to have multiple notes open)

mherman

Idea

I need to be able to open notes in a new tab/window -- I am using Evernote for research so having multiple open at once is essential. 

The classic evernote made this easy to do via right click. 

• Like 2

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, mherman said:

I need to be able to open notes in a new tab/window -- I am using Evernote for research so having multiple open at once is essential. 

The classic evernote made this easy to do via right click. 

It can be done on the desktop versions.  What platform are you using?

I'm using windows Desktop Evernote 10.1.6 ,  currently the newest version available on Surface Pro 3.  I found the "Open note in a new window" choice under the Note drop down menu.  But it opens a blank window with no contents.   

I really hope this gets high priority to fix.

Not sure if this the correct place for a feature request but I to would love the ability to have notes tabbed together either via web client or native client. 

Use Case: 
Sales leader - multiple meetings a day, internal/external. I create notes for each meeting in the AM with agendas and link backs etc. It would be great to be able to create a tab with all of my "today's meetings". You could say, do that with a tag. While I do use a Today tag, that methodology makes going back and researching different notes while updating my current meetings clunky. 

Yes OP is right,

It seems like an easy win for Evernote to allow right click to open notes in a new tab or control + click or some keyboard combo to click and open notes in a new tab in Chrome or whatever browser. Of course everyone who uses evernote much needs multiple notes open at a time. 

On 4/21/2022 at 3:06 AM, Kevin J said:

Yes OP is right,

It seems like an easy win for Evernote to allow right click to open notes in a new tab or control + click or some keyboard combo to click and open notes in a new tab in Chrome or whatever browser. Of course everyone who uses evernote much needs multiple notes open at a time. 

The original post is almost 2 years old. Are you just talking about the web version? I agree that it should be easier in the web version. You can of course just use the browser functionaility. e.g on chrome select the url with the mouse (or alt+D) and then alt+enter to oen it in a new tab.

There are now loads of options for opening notes in a new window in the desktop versions.