stops working when I open a specific file

EN loads v-e-r-y slowly, but otherwise appears to be working properly until I open one specific file or open "all notes." When I open "household expenses" or "all files," part of the files appear while others do not. Working within "household expenses" causes EN to stop responding. I suspect a corrupted note in the "household expenses" file, or something else may be wrong. Either way, I'm uncertain how to proceed. 

So far, I have closed and reopened EN, and shut down and restarted the computer. The latter improved but did not fix the slow loading, but neither fixed the problem with "household expenses." What next?

Thank you.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If this is the installed Windows version,  your database is one large file which contains all notes and notebooks,  so it's difficult to imagine why opening one or another notebook would be a trigger.  If all your notes are synced up to date you could use Tools > Options > General and click on the link to open your Databases folder,  then File > Exit Evernote and rename your database .EXB file to .OLD.  Restart Evernote and sign in again - the system will re download a new copy of the database from the server.  Make a beverage of your choice,  because this may take a while depending on your internet connection and the number of notes you have.  Beware that any local (unsynced) notes will not be restored by this method.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, lcoale@iname.com said:

EN loads v-e-r-y slowly, but otherwise appears to be working properly until I open one specific file or open "all notes." When I open "household expenses" or "all files," part of the files appear while others do not. Working within "household expenses" causes EN to stop responding. I suspect a corrupted note in the "household expenses" file, or something else may be wrong. Either way, I'm uncertain how to proceed. 

So far, I have closed and reopened EN, and shut down and restarted the computer. The latter improved but did not fix the slow loading, but neither fixed the problem with "household expenses." What next?

Thank you.

How many notes in your data base?  If a lot you can try clicking on Help while pressing the Ctrl key.  Then select Optimize Database.

Image.png.3f8ce94a1c6e22b830f6e01dcb05264b.png