Evernote as a Browser Bookmark Manager

I'm using Evernote as a way to save webpage bookmarks as I'd refer not to manage my bookmarks in two places (Chrome's Bookmark Manager and Evernote).  I like the ability to add tags to the bookmarks and publish/share them with other people in my company.  However I haven't figured out a "clean" way to do this.  Right now, I have to go to my Evernote account, search for and open the note with the bookmark and click on the link.  Ideally I'd like some sort of "quick access" embedded inside my Chrome browser (extension) that allows me to quickly see a list of the bookmark notes in my bookmark folder. 

I'm guessing the only way to do this really is to bookmark the web location of a notebook with all my bookmarks and add it to the Chrome quick access bar and just leave the tab open.  The problem is my bookmarks span across different subject notebooks.  On the web version of Evernote I see no advanced search capability to show me a list of all my saved bookmarks across notebooks.  

It looks like the best method is either to create a shortcut to each bookmark which is time consuming, or, I think the real best solution is to add a tag "bookmark" and then just bookmark in chrome the notebook listing for all the notes with the bookmark tag.  That actually might work pretty slick.  I guess I sort of answered my own question experimenting with Evernote while I wrote this.

Still interested if anyone has any better ideas or there's a chrome plugin I've overlooked.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

If you have all your bookmarks in Chrome,  use the browser's bookmark manager to export all your bookmarks to an HTML file.  Open the file and clip to Evernote,  and all your bookmarks are searchable links to the individual websites.  Insert new links as and when they arise.

I use a Chrome extension called TabCopy. You can copy the selected tab or all open tabs.

When I have a lot of tabs open, I hit TabCopy and paste the results in an Evernote note called "20200727 Browser History - [enter search subject keywords].  I do it whenever I have a bunch of tabs open for a particular topic or just when I want a clean browser. You can choose how to paste:

1. Expanded

Evernote as a Browser Bookmark Manager - Productivity - Evernote User Forum
https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/126935-evernote-as-a-browser-bookmark-manager/?tab=comments#comment-569341

2. Compact

Evernote as a Browser Bookmark Manager - Productivity - Evernote User Forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/126935-evernote-as-a-browser-bookmark-manager/?tab=comments#comment-569341

3. Link

Evernote as a Browser Bookmark Manager - Productivity - Evernote User Forum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 7/21/2020 at 2:06 PM, Consultant said:

I'm using Evernote as a way to save webpage bookmarks as I'd refer not to manage my bookmarks in two places (Chrome's Bookmark Manager and Evernote).  I like the ability to add tags to the bookmarks and publish/share them with other people in my company.  However I haven't figured out a "clean" way to do this.  Right now, I have to go to my Evernote account, search for and open the note with the bookmark and click on the link.  Ideally I'd like some sort of "quick access" embedded inside my Chrome browser (extension) that allows me to quickly see a list of the bookmark notes in my bookmark folder. 

I'm guessing the only way to do this really is to bookmark the web location of a notebook with all my bookmarks and add it to the Chrome quick access bar and just leave the tab open.  The problem is my bookmarks span across different subject notebooks.  On the web version of Evernote I see no advanced search capability to show me a list of all my saved bookmarks across notebooks.  

It looks like the best method is either to create a shortcut to each bookmark which is time consuming, or, I think the real best solution is to add a tag "bookmark" and then just bookmark in chrome the notebook listing for all the notes with the bookmark tag.  That actually might work pretty slick.  I guess I sort of answered my own question experimenting with Evernote while I wrote this.

Still interested if anyone has any better ideas or there's a chrome plugin I've overlooked.

Maybe I'm missing something but is there a reason you can't add folders in the bookmark bit of chrome to organize your bookmarks therein?  That and adjust the names for recognition.  Easy enough to share them if per the above you export the whole list or part of the list via bookmark manager, or favorites in other browsers. If they are single use bookmarks why worry about Chrome, just put them in EN.

Can't annotate the purpose of the bookmark which is a downside with this method though.  Anyway it seems to me bookmarks are best managed where they are used if at all possible.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Em 11/03/2021 at 16:05, gphelps73 disse:

https://raindrop.io/  

I love this for bookmarks.  Desktop and mobil app, and plug-in too.  Its really good1

Wow, that's amazing, looks like an evolution to the old Delicious, I looked for something similar since the end of Delicious, it also has an style like Todoist.
Thanks