3 DAYS OF CONTENT MISSING! BIG JOB FOR CLIENT! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I've been working -- editing and writing -- a website for a client of a digital marketing agency a freelance for. I started the note here on July 10. I worked on it until about 12:30 am last night (about 13 hours ago). Went to bed with the note open on tab on my laptop (Dell, Windows 10, Google Chrome, ethernet not wireless), like I always do whenever I'm on a job, which is almost daily -- I don't close the tab. Woke up this morning, did a few things and came back to finish the job. It's GONE.

All I see is a three-day-old version of the Note from last Thursday, when all I had was research material, before I started writing the website. Nothing from Friday or yesterday. It's as though I never worked on it!

I will tell you that there was a micro-second power outage at about 4 am, and that Evernote asked me to log in when I clicked on the tab to resume my work about an hour ago.  I've upgraded my subscription to get in touch with you because your Support directed me to a Community that you state on top of the page that is not working at the moment. I've been unable to get any support because no matter my choice of Support Topics, I have not been allowed to submit a ticket or get in touch with you via email, even though the upgrade I just paid for promised to give me email access to you anytime. I hope you will get this message.

I need support, right now, truly. PLEASE. You must have access to all the notes the system saved since Thursday, including the last one at about 12:30 am today, Sunday.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!  What I did cannot be redone. I can't recall what I wrote ... the creative stuff. My job with this agency is at stake, not to mention the money this represents. And the agency will lose the client if I don't deliver this copy. PLEASE HELP!!!

K.Z.

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, GTKZ said:

I've been working -- editing and writing -- a website for a client of a digital marketing agency a freelance for. I started the note here on July 10. I worked on it until about 12:30 am last night (about 13 hours ago). Went to bed with the note open on tab on my laptop (Dell, Windows 10, Google Chrome, ethernet not wireless), like I always do whenever I'm on a job, which is almost daily -- I don't close the tab. Woke up this morning, did a few things and came back to finish the job. It's GONE.

All I see is a three-day-old version of the Note from last Thursday, when all I had was research material, before I started writing the website. Nothing from Friday or yesterday. It's as though I never worked on it!

I will tell you that there was a micro-second power outage at about 4 am, and that Evernote asked me to log in when I clicked on the tab to resume my work about an hour ago.  I've upgraded my subscription to get in touch with you because your Support directed me to a Community that you state on top of the page that is not working at the moment. I've been unable to get any support because no matter my choice of Support Topics, I have not been allowed to submit a ticket or get in touch with you via email, even though the upgrade I just paid for promised to give me email access to you anytime. I hope you will get this message.

I need support, right now, truly. PLEASE. You must have access to all the notes the system saved since Thursday, including the last one at about 12:30 am today, Sunday.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!  What I did cannot be redone. I can't recall what I wrote ... the creative stuff. My job with this agency is at stake, not to mention the money this represents. And the agency will lose the client if I don't deliver this copy. PLEASE HELP!!!

K.Z.

Sounds like you were using a browser.  If you don't have the desktop version installed download and install it.  Sign in.  After your notes have been synced to the desktop go to the note in question and see what history exists. Info button is in the upper right of the note panel.

Image.png.aef210dafa8438c4a7c018044a65b2d0.png  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CalS said:

Sounds like you were using a browser.  If you don't have the desktop version installed download and install it.  Sign in.  After your notes have been synced to the desktop go to the note in question and see what history exists. Info button is in the upper right of the note panel.

Image.png.aef210dafa8438c4a7c018044a65b2d0.png  

Thank you. Yes, I'm working on Google Chrome, and I see nothing on History but a three day old note. Nothing on trash. Tried another browser, same thing. Clearly, there's a bug or something. Evernote has to have access to what I did for three days.  It was working perfectly, saving everything I did as I did it, until I tried to go back to the note this morning.  Everything was there last night. Now it's gone. The history shows the document as it was three days ago. The note shows as it was three days ago. How do three days of content disappear? Desktop version? What is that? How?  I've used Evernote for years by logging into my account on the website.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, GTKZ said:

Thank you. Yes, I'm working on Google Chrome, and I see nothing on History but a three day old note. Nothing on trash. Tried another browser, same thing. Clearly, there's a bug or something. Evernote has to have access to what I did for three days.  It was working perfectly, saving everything I did as I did it, until I tried to go back to the note this morning.  Everything was there last night. Now it's gone. The history shows the document as it was three days ago. The note shows as it was three days ago. How do three days of content disappear? Desktop version? What is that? How?  I've used Evernote for years by logging into my account on the website.

Do you know which version of the browser version you were using?  I'm guessing not the newest if you can view history.  There have been issues reported with the newest version re lost edits.  Frankly if there is not history for the note the updates are most likely lost.

IAC, I would suggest you download and install the desktop version from the EN website.  Then check the note history.  Just in case there is something wrong with the browser version looking at history.  I do not use the browser that often so just don't know. 

ScreenClip.thumb.png.9b46ec2945a658529f5eb5fafdc27811.png

I think the desktop is a better place to do work if you can, for reasons such as this.  The desktop will save your updates from time to time and the note is stored locally as well as synced in the cloud;  Also better features on the desktop vs browser version, IMO.  My two cents anyway.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CalS said:

Do you know which version of the browser version you were using?  I'm guessing not the newest if you can view history.  There have been issues reported with the newest version re lost edits.  Frankly if there is not history for the note the updates are most likely lost.

IAC, I would suggest you download and install the desktop version from the EN website.  Then check the note history.  Just in case there is something wrong with the browser version looking at history.  I do not use the browser that often so just don't know. 

I think the desktop is a better place to do work if you can, for reasons such as this.  The desktop will save your updates from time to time and the note is stored locally as well as synced in the cloud;  Also better features on the desktop vs browser version, IMO.  My two cents anyway.

Thank you for your reply. I don't like the new version. I'm using the original Evernote version.  I've gone to both versions and see that the Note as updated 3 days ago, even though I was working on it fine until after midnight last night.  Going forward, I don't know.  Right now, I need to recover my work.  I need the last version of my note as it was when I finished it last night.  Why is it showing as it was 3 days ago?   How can Evernote have a note/content service like this, sell it to businesses, then lose days worth of content?  This content is worth time and money and cannot be replicated. I need to recover it.  Can't someone at Evernote help me?

13 minutes ago, CalS said:

I downloaded Evernote, and I still only see the note that was saved 3 days ago.  Can someone from Evernote help me? I worked on the note on and off, and it was saved every time I worked on it. Where did that go. A tech from Evernote should be able to retrieve it.  I'm going to lose my job!  Please help!