Not sure what topic/category this would fall under

Hello everyone. It is really early in the morning so I wouldn't expect anyone to answer right away so no worries if you don't see it until later. I was wondering, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, it's basically a reg checkup. I wanted to create a template in EN on PC, I'm using windows 10. I was wondering what kind of info would you suggest putting on there? My doctor asks the normal questions usually, so I was thinking about putting those sort of questions on there so I have it all ready to go and I don't need to remember/think hard about for example "when is the last time something like this has happened" etc.... but this doctors appointment, is also not really a normal checkup essentiallyy because I've been having a lot of unusual pain recently, and so w that being said I want to set up some sort of chart, and I want to do this w EN's chart system, but I'm just not really sure how to set it up. I need some ideas, anyone who is creative, or anyone who is just really good at coming up w ideas in general, please your welcome to throw some ideas at me. Just looking for someone to bounce ideas off of. Thanks to all those that help/reply!

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a -mainly- user-supported Forum,  and Evernote has users around the world,  so 'early' is relative - it's midday here forinstance but I'm just logging on.

As a basic user you can't use 'save as a template',  but you could create a note and either save it with the title/ tag 'template' to duplicate when/ if you need it,  or export it to your Windows desktop.  Click that 'ENEX' file to add a new note with the same layout.

As to content,  I'd start with:

• What - was the event;  pain / swelling / ache / rash / tenderness
  • When - did it happen;  dates / times
  • Where - on the body;  left shoulder / right foot etc
  • How Bad - scale of 1 to 10;  annoying to excruciating 
  • Comments - anything relevant;  what you did to treat / alleviate / deal with the issue.

When something happens,  add that note to a specific notebook reserved for these comments,  with the title "<date> - event" using yyyymmdd for the date (so they sort in date order)

Show it to your doctor,  and see whether he's got any more suggestions for useful content.

- All of which is just a suggestion.  See if it works for you.  Usually when I have to go see a doctor everything goes out of my head and despite spending a while before the appointment trying to remember a list of symptoms,  I don't get past the first one...

Hope you get better / stay well - and stay safe out there!  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Quite a ways back I created a spreadsheet where I tracked all doctors appointments and key events like shots, out of the ordinary tests (colonoscopy anyone) and the like.  But for one offs I tend to create notes with tables.  Recent example I bunged up my knee and some work done.  The Dr. and PT are always asking pain level which I won't remember from one day to the next.  So I created a note with a table in it where I assess the past week.  Easier for me to respond now.  IAC

1. If you have something in particular your are tracking I would create a table in a note and track it there.  Columns could be date, location, activity at the time, ordinal scale if a pain related thing.
  2. If general purpose tracking, I would create a table in a note to track it.  Columns could be like those above.
  3. Really anything to be tracked works well in a table with date as one of the columns.
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, sophiebeanzee said:

I want to set up some sort of chart, and I want to do this w EN's chart system

This would be Evernote's table feature which can be useful for formatting a note

>>"when is the last time something like this has happened" 

fwiw  I have a general tracking note that includes an embedded spreadsheet
2044730413_ScreenShot2020-07-15at7_59_20AM.png.c6e0046717f6a6f9aa7b2f086f2d1e32.png

This is about 1 page long and 50 years wide
It includes a health section with notes

I would have an "unusual pain" entry

The entries can be simple text, or links to more detailed notes

• Thanks 1
On 7/15/2020 at 7:13 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  This is a -mainly- user-supported Forum,  and Evernote has users around the world,  so 'early' is relative - it's midday here forinstance but I'm just logging on.

As a basic user you can't use 'save as a template',  but you could create a note and either save it with the title/ tag 'template' to duplicate when/ if you need it,  or export it to your Windows desktop.  Click that 'ENEX' file to add a new note with the same layout.

As to content,  I'd start with:

• What - was the event;  pain / swelling / ache / rash / tenderness
  • When - did it happen;  dates / times
  • Where - on the body;  left shoulder / right foot etc
  • How Bad - scale of 1 to 10;  annoying to excruciating 
  • Comments - anything relevant;  what you did to treat / alleviate / deal with the issue.

When something happens,  add that note to a specific notebook reserved for these comments,  with the title "<date> - event" using yyyymmdd for the date (so they sort in date order)

Show it to your doctor,  and see whether he's got any more suggestions for useful content.

- All of which is just a suggestion.  See if it works for you.  Usually when I have to go see a doctor everything goes out of my head and despite spending a while before the appointment trying to remember a list of symptoms,  I don't get past the first one...

Hope you get better / stay well - and stay safe out there!  :)

Hey my bad I had forgotten I posted this and I just checked it. thank you very much for the suggestion that helped a lot! I'll have to write these down on my iPad I think this will be very helpful for the future. And thank you! I hope I get better too :) You stay safe as well!

• Like 1
On 7/15/2020 at 10:53 AM, CalS said:

Quite a ways back I created a spreadsheet where I tracked all doctors appointments and key events like shots, out of the ordinary tests (colonoscopy anyone) and the like.  But for one offs I tend to create notes with tables.  Recent example I bunged up my knee and some work done.  The Dr. and PT are always asking pain level which I won't remember from one day to the next.  So I created a note with a table in it where I assess the past week.  Easier for me to respond now.  IAC

1. If you have something in particular your are tracking I would create a table in a note and track it there.  Columns could be date, location, activity at the time, ordinal scale if a pain related thing.
  2. If general purpose tracking, I would create a table in a note to track it.  Columns could be like those above.
  3. Really anything to be tracked works well in a table with date as one of the columns.

This is also very helpful! That is what my concern was in going to my PT person. I recently got referred to her again so I'll be going soon, nor sure when though my mom and I are waiting on the referral. But like you, she's always asking what kind of pain am I having, where is it since I have multiple pain related areas from past surgeries/recoveries/injuries etc...and questions like that and I can never remember what or where or how bad the pain was. It's also hard to keep track of the meds I'm taking as well. Ik what they're called, but I never remember the dosage and then ofc there's the pain killer meds as well so I never remember when or how often I take those considering I'm in pain most of the time (thankfully not at the current moment I'm typing this) So I'll put these in my notes as well. Thanks again!

• Like 1
On 7/15/2020 at 11:00 AM, DTLow said:

This would be Evernote's table feature which can be useful for formatting a note

>>"when is the last time something like this has happened" 

fwiw  I have a general tracking note that includes an embedded spreadsheet
2044730413_ScreenShot2020-07-15at7_59_20AM.png.c6e0046717f6a6f9aa7b2f086f2d1e32.png

This is about 1 page long and 50 years wide
It includes a health section with notes

I would have an "unusual pain" entry

The entries can be simple text, or links to more detailed notes

Thank you!! I'm sure you don't mind but I'll ask anyways just in case, do you mind if I put these into my notes and edit it so that it fits what I want to put down?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, sophiebeanzee said:

do you mind if I put these into my notes and edit it so that it fits what I want to put down?

You're welcome to use it any way that works for you; glad I could help

• Like 1