Can I create a second account to work exclusively offline?

MBoonie
Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

I'd like to use Evernote in my work environment, but my company has strict rules against placing company data outside the company.  Would it be possible to create an account that never syncs and then run both my personal account and my work account simultaneously on my work laptop?  This would allow me to access both my work and my non-work notes while I'm using my work machine, and then access only my personal data when I'm using my home machine or phone.  Or, let me know if there's a better way to approach this.

• Level 5*
On 7/14/2020 at 11:06 PM, MBoonie said:

I'd like to use Evernote in my work environment, but my company has strict rules against placing company data outside the company.  Would it be possible to create an account that never syncs and then run both my personal account and my work account simultaneously on my work laptop?  This would allow me to access both my work and my non-work notes while I'm using my work machine, and then access only my personal data when I'm using my home machine or phone.  Or, let me know if there's a better way to approach this.

Hi.  Short answer - no.  Evernote is set up to create a database on the remote server so that information can be available to any device at any location from which you can access the network.  It is possible to set up local (offline) notebooks,  but Evernote still needs net access to verify logins,  and some operations depend on the online server being available.  Plus if you store your personal notes on your work computer,  your employer has access to all that data.  I'd recommend against it.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
On 7/14/2020 at 3:06 PM, MBoonie said:

Would it be possible to create an account that never syncs

It's not an account thing - it's a notebook specification

You're posting in the Android forum   
With a Windows or Mac device, you can create Local Notebooks in your account   
This data in these notebooks is not sync'd to the servers, and remains on the specific device

Make sure you back up your data

• Like 1

[Thanks for pointing out that I'm in the wrong forum -- I ended up here from a Search and forgot to change the forum name.]

Local notebooks sound exactly like what I'm looking for.  Thanks!