Early Access to the new Layout

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Isn't the new web version representative of the UI changes coming?  I think everyone has access to that now.

Agreed it's a (kinda) demonstration of the direction in which we're headed,  but there should be more and better features in the full package.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Agreed it's a (kinda) demonstration of the direction in which we're headed,  but there should be more and better features in the full package.

I surely hope so.  There some painful UI changes re productivity that would hit the desktop if it mirrors the new web.  No side list, buried menus, more clicks.  My capacity for PhraseExpress hotkey remembrance has its limits.  Not to mention how slow it is relative to the desktop.  Hopefully that's just a server and connectivity issue, not a new language problem.  :(

EDIT.  Thought I might add an example.  Below is a table I maintain to chronicle when I updated to the desktop versions.  I set it up on the desktop way back.  On the left is how it looks on new web and the on the right is how it looks on current desktop.  The width is just enough to display the table and text, but all the vertical is included.  In this example the new constructs are a cluster, in my view anyway.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.509fa96bf3ac565ef6ad8c984f986679.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1