mi0

still waiting for a major update

I'm a user who is thinking about whether I should leave the evernote or not. Everyone around me is saying "why on earth you don't you move into Notion."

So I checked that briefly. There's still some problems and bugs but it was wonderful experience. Now I wonder why the major update developers and CEO said the beginning of the year hasn't come out yet.

• I need completely new search algorithm that can search hashtag and search-operators(wildcards), use filtering and having good Japanese and Korean searching availability. When it comes to searching in Japanese or Korean, the program always stops for a seconds (sometimes a minute). It still remains like that.
  • New design and UX, etc: Esp, Improvement of link colour and tag colour (what is that ugly lines when using Evernote Windows on Top List View)
  • Tree: Stack - Notebook, there are just 2 levels of node. Why the hell should it be?
  • Bad spreadsheet feature. Just I cannot use it.
  • and more.

9 hours ago, mi0 said:

thinking about whether I should leave the evernote or not

Evernote continues to deliver the features I need   
If you've found a service that better delivers the features you need, you should switch

>>I need completely new search algorithm

I'd like to see search improvements; full character/word indexing, full boolean

>>Tree: Stack - Notebook, there are just 2 levels of node. Why the hell should it be?

Evernote's primary organization tool is the tag feature   
This is supported with a hierarchy that offers unlimited levels (tree)

>>Bad spreadsheet feature. Just I cannot use it.

Evernote has no spreadsheet feature
I use spreadsheet apps and store the document in Evernote as note attachments

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Seems pretty clear - if you have a better option, just go use it....

9 hours ago, mi0 said:

So I checked that briefly. There's still some problems and bugs but it was wonderful experience. 

• Bad spreadsheet feature. Just I cannot use it.

If it was a wonderful experience, and it fits your needs, what is stopping you?

Spreadsheet feature? What spreadsheet feature?

On 7/5/2020 at 10:45 AM, mi0 said:

Now I wonder why the major update developers and CEO said the beginning of the year hasn't come out yet.

I heard some vague reports about a virus going around that slows down a lot of people's work....

I think I would have preferred if they stopped updating years ago actually - no major updates please.

I didn't like Notion - especially the folder type hierarchy that you desire in Evernote. I much prefer Evernote's tagging workflow and find its Stack/Notebook system more than adequate.

But I do love Roam Research's two way tagging workflow - but it's just a note taking app and no alternative to Evernote with its document archiving. And who wants things in two places... I could handle an EN update supporting that flow. 

Notion felt like just another pretty note app that gets in the way of working. Online - too slow. Importing docs compared to dumping them in an import folder, too slow. Web clipping - too slow. Storing a receipt even before leaving the store compared to scanning with the EN app - too slow.

• Like 1