Search function intitle: is a hidden gem!

cpufox

Idea

Evernote search is powerful.  A common Search Operator is intitle:

intitle:coffee searches for notes whose title contains "coffee".

If you use Titles in a consistent meaningful way to easily categorize the entire Note, read on. For the over 5000 notes I have, I cannot search by (easily) by tag, though I use those heavily, as well as I can with intitle:

Try it!  If you believe it is valuable, then comment on my request if you have the time or interest. More detail in the following request:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/126210-feature-requests-for-fuller-experience-on-evernote/#comment-566479

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, cpufox said:

I cannot search by tag, though I use those heavily, as well as I can with intitle

Tags are Evernote's primary organization tool   
Text search is supplemental but more focussed with intitle: searches

Various platforms support a tag filter list   
Simply check the tags to be included

I use both search options. Particularly when I get too many results that I know are not relevant. I switch to intitle: and it narrows down the results. To narrow it down further, I then add tag:. I will also use created: a lot. Those are the three top search options for me.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Depends upon what I am looking for but I may start a search with tags, text, or Intitle:.  Depending on the quality of the search results I will add one of the two I didn't use to pare the results down.  Of course there are some source and reminder searches which use those variables.  As with all things EN, more than one way to get from here to there.  🤷‍♂️