Moleskine Code in Notebook

I received an evernote moleskine as a gift.  It was completely wrapped in plastic.  In the back is a code for 3 free months of premium.  I went to evernote.com/moleskine and entered the code.  It asked me to create an account and when I tried that, it told me I already had one (which I totally forgot about) so I requested a password reset and logged in.  The code did not get attached to my account, so I went back to evernote.com/moleskine and it is now telling me the code has already been used.  How do I recover this?

• Level 5*
On 6/24/2020 at 8:55 PM, Marty Young said:

I received an evernote moleskine as a gift.  It was completely wrapped in plastic.  In the back is a code for 3 free months of premium.  I went to evernote.com/moleskine and entered the code.  It asked me to create an account and when I tried that, it told me I already had one (which I totally forgot about) so I requested a password reset and logged in.  The code did not get attached to my account, so I went back to evernote.com/moleskine and it is now telling me the code has already been used.  How do I recover this?

Hi.  This is a -mainly- user-supported Forum. Although Evernote staffers do read the posts here, and there are Admins to keep everyone in line,  there's no guarantee when that will be. If you need help on a customer service issue,  Evernote support is available (for subscribers) via the website link, and (for everyone) on Twitter @EvernoteHelps or via their Facebook community.

• Level 5

From my experience with the Moleskine cooperation:

In general the carry over of points received with a notebook works pretty well, although I am not sure if this cooperation does exist any longer. I liked the books for being well done and having a nice format, slightly more narrow than A5, fitting into a small bag easily. But I could not find them last year when I asked.

With one notebook I purchased the code was already used by somebody else. I knew this might be the case, because the packaging was open, so I got it at a discount. Financially no harm to me, but it showed that the bookshop selling it had no clue that the code has a value. Probably somebody asked to see it open, then copied the code or took a picture, and used it later. If a shop seals it again in plastic nobody can know, because the code is not under a protection, like a scrap away cover.

To convert the points into months of Premium subscription, I had to terminate my subscription by letting it expire. Only then I could use the points to get my free Premium. After that, I had to renew my regular subscription. Not a simple process really ...

• 1 month later...