You cannot invite someone outside your business to a space

I have an Evernote Business subscription and make extensive use of shared spaces.

I just added 1 additional user to our business account. He verified his registration and shows up as a regular user in Manage Users in the admin console.

However when I try to invite this user to a space, I get the message "You cannot invite someone outside your business to a space". A red triangle appears next to the email address of the user in the Inite People dialog and when I hover over it, it says "This person is outside your organization".

I have been unable to contact Evernote support as every time I click on "Need a little help?" or try to log in to help.evernote.com, I am immediately logged out. I have tried different browsers and computers, I'm sure it's not something like a stale cookie. I tried contacting you via Twitter with no response. I cannot for the life of me find a phone number or email address to reach you on, so as a last resort I am trying this community forum. I urgently need this issue resolved as I have a meeting later today and need to provide this person with access to documents we have stored in Evernote (and there are dozens of them, I cannot easily send public links to all of them)

Please help!

Chris

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry - this is a -mainly- user-supported Forum. Although Evernote staffers do read the posts here, and there are Admins to keep everyone in line,  there's no guarantee when that will be.  If you go onto the Support link there should be an option to 'proceed as a guest' which you could try;  otherwise see this: https://discussion.evernote.com/announcement/72-issues-accessing-evernote-support-channels/

Thanks for the reply. Posting here was a last resort as I hit dead ends everywhere else. I tried "proceed as guest" but in order to open chat or submit a ticket it asks you to then log in, which booted me out again. I've just received a reply on Twitter from Jenna who is going to open a support ticket for me, and I also contacted Shane D via that very helpful link you suggested.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Chris Wik said:

Thanks for the reply. Posting here was a last resort as I hit dead ends everywhere else. I tried "proceed as guest" but in order to open chat or submit a ticket it asks you to then log in, which booted me out again. I've just received a reply on Twitter from Jenna who is going to open a support ticket for me, and I also contacted Shane D via that very helpful link you suggested.

Glad you;re getting some responses - let us know how you get on!

Still no reply via Twitter or from Shane D, and I still can't invite the user.

Is there anyone else who has experienced this issue before? Any ideas on what I could try myself while I wait for customer support?

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5

No experience with Business - but from my understanding „Spaces“ are build to organize a company’s staff internally, not to invite external persons into the business. This means that you could probably add anybody with a business account to a space, but not a person without an account, or On Basic or Premium.

To open a collaboration with somebody, it is probably by sharing a note or a notebook.

This is my understanding - if you learn from support, it would be nice to post it here in the forum.