Clipper NOW defaults to web version - I want it to go to desktop EN

lometogo

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Out of interest - use case for this?  Saving to web is one sync away from desktop.  IAC, not sure I remember Clipper saving to desktop, but I could be wrong.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, lometogo said:

Yes, you are wrong about this: Clipper always saved to my desktop

Web clipper has always saved to the Evernote servers
Second later the data is sync'd to the desktop

You're missing my point, my friend. Used to be, I would clip something and it would save it directly to my desktop. If it saved to the EN servers and then came to my desktop, I would never see it.

What it's doing now is opening up the crappy web version, asking for my login and all that ****. So it doesn't even get the clip to my desktop unless I log in to the web version. 

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, lometogo said:

CalS, thanks for your comeback. Yes, you are wrong about this: Clipper always saved to my desktop. I hate the web version of EN: slow, unsteady on its legs, and a cpu hog

Okay if you are so sure.  I've always clipped and synced best I can remember. 

Not sure what the message even means at the top of the clipper window.  Maybe it means you don't have to update clipper version in the browser any more and has nothing to do with EN Web.  IAC, you don't have to go to EN web or use EN Web in any way to see the clip.  🤷‍♂️

ScreenClip.png.e07749bb50b553c2464ed0b3ea4cb1dc.png

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, lometogo said:

What it's doing now is opening up the crappy web version, asking for my login and all that ****. So it doesn't even get the clip to my desktop unless I log in to the web version. 

You have to log into the clipper using your EN credentials to take a clip.  It seems to want that login more frequently now.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, lometogo said:

890602322_ScreenShot2020-06-21at8_24_33AM.png.b1729617716af339acba3e4f382957bb.png

I think you're using the "View in Evernote" button

Confirmed; this used to translate the url to an in-app link
triggered by a cookie in the web browser

We know this got broken in the new Evernote/web