Restoring versions from note history - FIXED

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

• Level 5

With a Premium subscription, I have access to Note History. Today I tried restoring previous versions of a note in the Windows desktop program. It's supposed to import it into the Imported Notes notebook. I tried more than one version of more than one note, and nothing ever imported (even after syncing). However, when I went to the Web beta and looked at Note History there, I was able to use the Restore function to recover an earlier version of a note into my default notebook. So it looks like the function is working in a slightly newer way in the Web beta (there's also an Export to .enex option there), but no longer working in the Windows program for me. Is anyone else with a Premium subscription having problems with it?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Is anyone else with a Premium subscription having problems with it?

History is not working at all for me, nothing, nada, zilch, bubkis.  Geez.  Someone make a change on the web beta and hose access from the desktop?    I am amazed.  This cannot be be good.

You want to report it?  I'll flag @Shane D. here just in case.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

no longer working in the Windows program for me. Is anyone else with a Premium subscription having problems with it?

Must be a Windows thing
Note History is still working on the Mac platform; viewing versions, downloads a .enex file,  imported into a local notebook

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Thanks. I find that I can view previous versions of a note in the Windows program, but AFAICT selecting Import does nothing. Sometimes it showed a download progress bar, but if an .enex was downloaded, I don't know where, and it wasn't automatically imported. If @Shane D. doesn't have a word for us here, I'll raise a support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Win 10 EN 6.24 as OP - agreed. Import not working,  though I get a very brief flash of a progress bar, nothing  is downloaded.  I can see previous note contents so could (presumably) copy and paste,  though I haven't tried that.😒

• Like 1

Sme problem here. Note shown, sometimes a progress bar appears for a bit, nothing ever happens.

Windows 6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

• Like 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out!

We have confirmed the issue you have described, and are working to get it fixed as soon as we are able.

In the meantime,  you can export the previous version from Evernote Web and then use the desktop app to import it.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Dave-in-Decatur changed the title to Restoring versions from note history - FIXED
  • Level 5

The latest update (v. 6.25.1) fixes this problem. Each previous version of a note imported from history goes into a new Imported Notes folder with a sequential number (Imported Notes [2], Imported Notes [3], etc.). Not sure this seems necessary, but the function is definitely working again.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
  • Level 5*
26 minutes ago, gofish6060 said:

I'm premium, using most recent updated Evernote version on Mac..still cannot use the restore previous version function. Is this fixed yet?

You're posting in a 3-year old thread about a Windows issue.  Please create a new thread and give us full background.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, gofish6060 said:

I'm premium, using most recent updated Evernote version on Mac..still cannot use the restore previous version function. Is this fixed yet?

What @gazumped said. As the OP of this thread, I note that I marked it solved 11 days after I started it, in the summer of 2020. Whatever @gofish6060 is experiencing in Evernote 10 on a Mac, it's not what I was experiencing in Evernote 6 in Windows. Even if the experience looks similar, it will probably have entirely different causes. Please do give more details in a fresh thread; the most productive place to do that would be in the Mac forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/719-evernote-for-mac-issues-versions-100-and-above/.

• Like 2