Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
Shane D.

Continuing progress - Behind the Scenes Home Edition

Hi All,

Today we’re following up Ian’s latest blog post with an update to our Behind the Scenes series where we go into greater detail about the work being done to move our rebuilt apps from Preview status to Beta release. 

We knew this video would be different—for one thing, we had to shoot and edit it from our homes as we continue to deal with COVID-19 pandemic. What we could not know was that in the days leading up to recording, long-simmering issues of systemic racism would come to the forefront of our social conscious, eclipsing even COVID-19 as matters of urgency and action. We chose to hold on to this video until we could publicly acknowledge the realities of the world around us. 

We're pleased to be able to share it with you now—it’s a valuable conversation if you want to know how we’re progressing with the new clients. 

And finally, one tidbit of good news: in the days since we recorded the video, our new iOS app has moved out of Preview and into Beta release.

Enjoy!

If you have any questions/feedback, please feel free to start a thread or reach out to me directly!

• Like 7

i love it.

and new evernote is great!

(request: please keep the black evernote logo )

thank you 

• Like 1

Is there any chance that I can use code highlighter in 2020?

As a developer, I really have hoped this feature for years...

The most important part of this video is Evernote's stance against racism.

The second most important part of this video is that that @Ian Small pronounces "been" like bean. 😳

2 hours ago, Hannibal1296 said:

Is there any chance that I can use code highlighter in 2020?

As a developer, I really have hoped this feature for years...

Excellent video and update! Truly appreciate everything you folks at Evernote are doing (massive client overhaul) and for what you stand for! 
Thank you!

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing - and for showing that you care: For the employees, for the users and for keeping society together !

P.S. Waiting for new stuff to be released, but please only launch when ready.

• Like 2

I very much like the video but the majority of the folks over at reddit/r/Evernote/ seem to be impatient and don't understand the delays at all:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Evernote/comments/hfd6yv/behind_the_scenes_at_en_at_home/

and

https://www.reddit.com/r/Evernote/comments/hdwnfn/video_latest_ceo_product_update/

Evernote might want to address these things in an upcoming video.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 7:28 PM, Andy Helms said:

The most important part of this video is Evernote's stance against racism.

The second most important part of this video is that that @Ian Small pronounces "been" like bean. 😳

IMHO it is lunacy in this day and age that he has to even take a stance. I couldn't care less what colour or creed someone is.

On 6/18/2020 at 6:05 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Today we’re following up Ian’s latest blog post with an update to our Behind the Scenes series where we go into greater detail about the work being done to move our rebuilt apps from Preview status to Beta release. 

We knew this video would be different—for one thing, we had to shoot and edit it from our homes as we continue to deal with COVID-19 pandemic. What we could not know was that in the days leading up to recording, long-simmering issues of systemic racism would come to the forefront of our social conscious, eclipsing even COVID-19 as matters of urgency and action. We chose to hold on to this video until we could publicly acknowledge the realities of the world around us. 

We're pleased to be able to share it with you now—it’s a valuable conversation if you want to know how we’re progressing with the new clients. 

And finally, one tidbit of good news: in the days since we recorded the video, our new iOS app has moved out of Preview and into Beta release.

Enjoy!

If you have any questions/feedback, please feel free to start a thread or reach out to me directly!

Waiting for a markdown editting tool.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:49 AM, rob24hrs said:

IMHO it is lunacy in this day and age that he has to even take a stance. I couldn't care less what colour or creed someone is.

I acknowledge that Evernote's user forum isn't designed to house discussions on racism and privilege, but I also can't be silent about something as important as this. In my opinion, it's lunacy in this day and age that every single company and person hasn't taken a stance against racism and white supremacy. What Ian did in this video is the bare minimum that anybody with a voice should be doing right now. Additionally, I am assuming that your intention behind "couldn't care less what colour or creed someone is" was well-meaning and designed to communicate that someone's race/ethnicity doesn't bother you. However, I want to share that these sentiments often contribute towards systemic racism or—in the very least—the privilege some groups have over others (even though that wasn't your intention, I assume). Not caring (or "not seeing") race/ethnicity is a way of dismissing part of someone's identity, suggesting their experiences aren't valued, refusing to acknowledge your own privilege, and often shutting down further conversations about racial injustice. In most parts of the world—and definitely in the United States, where Evernote is based—systematic racism is rampant; as a result, we must care if we want to move towards a more just and equitable society.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy Helms said:

... Evernote's user forum isn't designed to house discussions on racism and privilege ...

That would be my opinion; the forum is designed to discuss the Evernote product/service   
We should stay on topic