My computer was recently hacked which resulted in me having a virus that took regular screenshots.

When trying to find where the screenshots were going, I did a search for all png files on my Mac.

There I noticed that there were tons of images generated by Evernote of the 'cards' you'd see in Card View.

Even though I use always Snippet View, previews of all my notes appear in a readily accessible directory on my Mac deep within the Library.

Because I had previously stored passwords in Evernote, I realize now that these screenshots contained the user/pass of every password, making the info readily available outside of the Evernote application and easily found by a spotlight search.

Is there a way to prevent Evernote from creating these graphics? It seems like a major security issue for anyone who uses it to store secure info. I'd have to stop using it if there's no way to turn them off.

quickLook.png

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, freeassociation said:

Even though I use always Snippet View, previews of all my notes appear in a readily accessible directory on my Mac deep within the Library.

On a Mac, Evernote stores note content and attachments (images, pdfs, ...), snippets, thumbnails in native format; a folder for each note

These folders are located within your user home space, so not "readily accessible"    
For added security you can turn on filevault