How to Disable Popups about Other Verisons of the Note?

After an issue with the note sync between two web clients another version of this note was automatically created. After navigating to this note a notification popup with a link to the new version was displayed (see on the attached screenshot) and I closed it using the "cross" icon on the popup.

But after that the popup appears again and again each time I'm navigating to either old or new version of the note.

How to completely disable this notification?

screenshot_127.jpg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

This is part of the issue of the Web client producing numerous duplicate copies of a note when it detects some (perhaps nonexistent) problem with the network connection.

Yes, but this popup appears after each click on either original or duplicate note - not only when such issue related to connectivity occurs. So even if it is resolved the popup will still annoy.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

It is an important feature how a conflict resulting out of syncing is resolved. Think about a situation where a note is modified at the same time in two different ways, and the result synced back to the server. The server wants to keep the „Master“ copy of that Note, but can’t simply do it because there are conflicting changes.

Solution: Create another copy of the note. This will preserve both changes, but probably the user does only want to keep one of them, and continue using this, not the other one when adding to the note. But which one ? Or the user wants to keep both changes, but in one copy.

Solution: Notify the user that copies were created, and make him decide which to continue, and which to delete.

Now you need to help EN out of this. If both changes were legitimate, take one of both notes, make a deliberate duplicate of it, and delete the original. If you want to keep both changes, but in one of both notes, copy it from one of them, paste it to the other, and delete the one from which you copied. Or if one is obsolete, just delete it. But make sure that all but one of the conflicting notes are terminated.

OK, but when I realised that this is a copy created because of some sync issues, and decided to re-use it for other purposes (renamed, changed text etc.), why isn't it possible to disable the notification popup? I think, it could be fully user's responsibility how to use any note after he/she is notified about the issue.

• Level 5
On 8/30/2020 at 4:51 AM, blackseaer said:

OK, but when I realised that this is a copy created because of some sync issues, and decided to re-use it for other purposes (renamed, changed text etc.), why isn't it possible to disable the notification popup? I think, it could be fully user's responsibility how to use any note after he/she is notified about the issue.

An interesting and thrifty approach! My understanding is that each note is identified in Evernote's system by a unique number, rather than by its title or content. So changing the latter doesn't make it a different note as far as Evernote is concerned.

• Like 1