Can you add custom proxy setting in the evernote settings?And some encrypt problem.

netspirit

Idea

Sometimes evernote have some bad connection in some country.And I want evernote go through a socks5 proxy.But I don't want setting system proxy.Becuase I don't want other programs go through proxy.I only want evernote go through socks5 proxy.Can you add a custom socks5 proxy setting in the evernote settings?I don't want to use system proxy settings. Thanks!!!

And another problem.I hread this problem problem from some other users.

If the user choose some text in the evernote and encrypt,then he press backspace by mistake,then he will lost all his encrypt text by mistake.Free users don't have history(I am not sure),So free user might lost all his encrypt text by push backspace by mistake.

Can you make a setting or feature about this:encrypt text can't be easily deleted by a simple backspace?Or maybe one backspace key will deleted a lot of encrypt text.

And I have another good idea:Can you make a function to encrypt a note but not a part of text in a note?(Then make it can't search without decrypt)

Sometimes I want to creat a note to save a lot of my passwords.But evernote can only encrypt a part of text.This is note easy to use.

I wish I can creat a encrypt note to save passwords ,When I want to edit I must enter the password before I edit the note.(the full note but not a part of text in a note)

Sorry my english might be not well.

If the developers thinks my ideas are great,please send me a email to tell me.

Thanks...........

8 replies to this idea

I agree with MillisJonny, just change your proxy to another one. No need to suffer with a proxy that just doesn't work for you. Don't forget, that free proxy servers work very poorly, mainly because free proxies are used by too many people at a time. If you want a good connection without lags and freezes, then you need to pay for a high-quality proxy service. I can advise you a service called proxyverse.io, which is very easy to set up and protects very effectively! If you are too lazy to configure a proxy, you can always try using a VPN.

• Level 5

1) Use a VPN service

2) Note history runs permanently on all accounts, Free or subscription. But to access it you need at least a Premium subscription, or above. To access it a desktop or web client is needed.

So a Free user fearing a loss of valuable information can subscribe for a month, and recover an older version of the note.

• Level 5

Is "it" actually possible ? Define "It".

If "It" means set up a network connection that will allow EN to reach its server, the answer is YES. You need to do this with the appropriate resources, that may be on your computer (like DNS settings), or even on the network itself (like firewall rules). If you do not have the necessary access, it may well be that EN will not reach its server, because the network setting prevent it. In this case, you can still use it offline, and sync when on a more friendly network.

If "It" means duplicating all this network business in EN, the answer is clearly NO. No properly setup network will allow a device to change crucial network settings (I exclude the lunacy of complete UPnP-access from "Properly setup"). An app uses the working of a network, but it can't bend it until it works somehow. A "somehow" does not exist when setting up a network with internet access.

Any service or server supports a proxy. High ping may be due to bad proxy servers or someone else using them. I have been using proxy servers for anonymity on the Internet for a very long time and have never encountered any problems with Internet speed, try using a VPN, if the ping does not change either, then the problem is in your router, and you will have to contact support. Good luck.

• Level 5

Just read the initial post again and want to add an observation:

Everybody who uses EN encryption to „protect“ his passwords and store them „safely“, I can’t take as a serious counterpart in a security oriented discussion. The same is true for everybody who trust the EN encryption with keeping his crypto-wallet safe and secure.

Storing passwords or crypto wallets in EN using the apps encryption is a COMPLETE NO GO. If you want to store something safely in an EN account, first set it up with all available measures, including 2FA for sure. And then use another, independent program to encrypt your file, and store this after encryption in a note.

Or even better: Get a decent password manager.

Or still better, at least for crypto wallets: Always use a cold wallet, that is not connected to any device that may be online, or worse „in the cloud“.

BTW the thread owner did never come back to contribute to the discussion.