jkilgore

Epson ScanSmart to Evernote function stopped working

I have been successfully using an Epson ES-300WR scanner with Evernote for several months.  For the Epson scanner, the Epson ScanSmart application was used that has a function to send documents to Evernote.  This past weekend that ScanSmart to Evernote function stopped functioning and the application windows would disappear from the screen without an error message.  If anyone have experience with this I would appreciate their insights.

Hi.  Have you contacted Epson support too?  The scanner might need a software update,  or they may have had other enquiries....

If you can't get it working again, the scanner should have the ability to save scans to a particular folder. In Evernote, you can create an import folder from the Tools menu. Have the scanner deposit its scans into that folder, and Evernote will automatically import each scanned file as a note.

Thanks for the advice.  I have contacted Epson support and it is now going to the Project Team for troubleshooting.  I appreciate the help on the work around.  It is still puzzling what happen to go from working one day to not working the next.  In the end, computers are binary machines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jkilgore said:

Thanks for the advice.  I have contacted Epson support and it is now going to the Project Team for troubleshooting.  I appreciate the help on the work around.  It is still puzzling what happen to go from working one day to not working the next.  In the end, computers are binary machines.

Yes, I remember once reading a history of computing which said something like one of the early fundamental principles of computing was that giving the same input to the same program/process would result in the same output every time. I read that years ago, and I still get a good laugh out of it.

• Haha 2