Can't resize image

I try to insert an image into a note and when I drag it into the note it does not go where my cursor was and then I can't resize it. When I tap on the image it does not allow me to resize, move, etc.

• Level 5

WRT resizing, it should be possible to click once on the image and get a blue outline with a blue-box resize handle at the bottom right--only the bottom right; the other corners can't be dragged for resizing.

It's definitely still possible to copy and paste. Also, if you position your cursor where you want the image and then do File > Attach Files, or click on the paper clip icon on the editing toolbar, you can select a file to attach at the cursor point. Dragging images or documents into Evernote does often result in wrong positioning for me. I can sometimes drag them around to where I want, but it can be tricky.

If copy and paste are still possible then how is it done? Ctrl-V does not work, right click paste does not work. 

I am able to drag an image to the note but it goes to the bottom and if I do what you said and click on the paperclip icon and search for the file it still goes to the bottom.

when I go to click on the image to resize my cursor is a text cursor instead of the object cursor arrow if this means any thing.

I am using windows 10 and Chrome browser Evernote

• Level 5*

Hi.  Copy and paste works fine for me from my desktop to a note created in Evernote desktop,  as does drag and drop.  Sounds as though you may be using the new beta browser version of Evernote which is somewhat lacking in features.  Reverting to the 'classic' browser UI (in Settings) or installing the full Evernote client on your device may resolve you problems...

sorry to sound stupid but please explain how I "Revert to the 'classic' browser UI (in Settings)"     Where do I find settings?

Or how do I "install the full Evernote client on your device"?

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, mljohn said:

sorry to sound stupid but please explain how I "Revert to the 'classic' browser UI (in Settings)"     Where do I find settings?

Click on your avatar and select Switch to previous ....

ScreenClip.png.1a554f187b8615af03fa5ddfc189db74.png

• Level 5
6 hours ago, mljohn said:

If copy and paste are still possible then how is it done? Ctrl-V does not work, right click paste does not work. 

I am able to drag an image to the note but it goes to the bottom and if I do what you said and click on the paperclip icon and search for the file it still goes to the bottom.

when I go to click on the image to resize my cursor is a text cursor instead of the object cursor arrow if this means any thing.

I am using windows 10 and Chrome browser Evernote

This is fairly surprising behavior. I'd suggest trying it in a different browser to see if pasting works there. The Web beta has had strange interactions at times with various browsers.

WRT resizing, my bad, I thought you were using the Windows desktop program (downloadable here). But actually, what I said before about left-clicking an image to get a blue outline and resize box should apply in the Web beta client also. Again, trying a different browser might get it working.

I have reinstalled the evernote app and now I can copy and paste and resized etc.

However, I still don't know how to switch to a previous version for my web evernote. I tried using Firefox instead of Chrome and it still will not copy and paste from a browser. 

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, mljohn said:

I have reinstalled the evernote app and now I can copy and paste and resized etc.

However, I still don't know how to switch to a previous version for my web evernote. I tried using Firefox instead of Chrome and it still will not copy and paste from a browser. 

Take a screen clip of your browser version and maybe we can help from there.

Seems to me that if in two different browsers Evernote does not allow copy and paste and resizing then it is not the browsers but the web based Evernote that is the problem.

How do I return to a previous version of the web based version of Evernote?

Windows 10

image.png.31f6ee23fd5f3faaf92396e45681f5ba.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 6/21/2020 at 2:39 PM, RobertWan said:

My image in Evernote cannot be resized as well. Very frustrating point. Some I can find the blue square to drag sometime I cannot. This issue needs to be addressed. 

Without knowing what browsers or apps you're using and on what OS it's impossible to comment.  You're a subscriber, so could contact Support direct and help them work out if there's pattern to this.  If they find a particular issue,  they'll be able to fix it - but they need user help to do so...