Evernote for Mac keeps syncing forever

Hi,

Evernote for Mac keeps syncing. This started after removing a notebook with no notes in it.
I already aborted the application, restarted my Mac, but without result.

Each time I restart Evernote, it starts and keeps syncing.

MacOs Catalina 10.15.4 with Evernote 7.14.

Thanks for any help!

On 6/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, hpuype said:

Hi,

Evernote for Mac keeps syncing. This started after removing a notebook with no notes in it.
I already aborted the application, restarted my Mac, but without result.

Each time I restart Evernote, it starts and keeps syncing.

MacOs Catalina 10.15.4 with Evernote 7.14.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Same problem for me on Catalina 10.15.5. I will submit a ticket. Now obliged to use the web version while waiting for a correction.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi, Same problem for me on v7.14 on macos 10.15.5.

My activity log doesn't report an error.  It does however, seem to go through the same loop of activities every 350 milliseconds or so.  I have raised a support ticket.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:37 PM, hpuype said:

A forced sync resolved the problem for me. 

What is a "forced sync"?  

• Level 5

Probably some note got stuck on syncing, most likely on the upload side (just my assumption).

A forced sync will sync all notes from the server to the Mac (or PC). To achieve this, hold down the <shift> and <option> keys, and then click on the sync symbol. This will start the download (except local notebooks), so the Mac should stay connected to the internet until the forced sync is through.

It will take some time, and I am not sure whether it will „heal“ the situation. But it is a try.

The next step may be to completely uninstall and then reinstall EN on your Mac. For this, it is not enough to move the app to the trash. This will keep the local data base. You need to purge all elements of EN from the Mac, using the app AppCleaner. If you use it, it will erase local notebooks as well, so if you have any, make sure you have a backup.

Before doing so, you probably try the forced sync and wait for support to answer.

Thanks for that! 

I started that forced sync a couple of hours ago.  It kept syncing for a while (as you suggested), but now appears to have settled down.  The activity log is very cryptic (and I look at logs every day for a living), so it's hard to be sure completely what changed.  

I'm glad I didn't have to reinstall.  Thanks.

• Like 1