Missing Audio Content Within Note

GrahamB

Idea

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help me with some advice about recovering lost audio files. I’m also hoping there is an answer other than, “submit a support ticket”, as I am using a Basic account and do not have access to paid-for support. The issue is this:

During a recent sync between Desktop and Android versions, I noticed that several audio clips within a single, existing note essentially become “hollowed out”. I can’t say they “disappeared”, as the icon indicating audio content is still present in both Android and Desktop versions (see images). However, the audio data itself, along with metadata (file name, date, time, etc.) has gone missing, and I can’t find a way to play the content. Note that the sync is simply when I noticed the problem. It may have absolutely nothing to do with the issue. In case it is relevant, I was pressing the manual sync buttons on both smartphone and Desktop in an attempt to sort out a note discrepancy on a DIFFERENT note. In terms of the note containing the missing content, I had made no changes since the audio was made on May 27th and there is no reason the content should have disappeared.

I can recall this happening once before. I ignored it then but I really need to content that has gone missing. I have so many historic audio files saved on different notes that the prospect of their random disappearance is really alarming.

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Graham

PS In case it is relevant, I am using....

Evernote Android Version: 8.13.2

Evernote for Windows 10 Version: 6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-03 at 10.22.00.jpeg

Desktop version.JPG

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet