Jump to content
Itsmenotyou

Evernote tries synchronizing too big notes again and again

Recommended Posts

I tried to upload a note that was too big due to my Limits (50MB). Evernote refused. Fine! But whenever I open Evernote app on my IPhone again it tries again to upload so the notice on the too big note is popping up again. How can I stop Evernote from re-trying to upload again and again?

Share this post


Link to post

Delete the note

Also expunge it from the Trash

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/4/2020 at 8:12 AM, Itsmenotyou said:

I tried to upload a note that was too big due to my Limits (50MB). Evernote refused. Fine! But whenever I open Evernote app on my IPhone again it tries again to upload so the notice on the too big note is popping up again. How can I stop Evernote from re-trying to upload again and again?

Maybe try moving it to a local notebook.  Not sure if the note size limit applies there.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, CalS said:

Maybe try moving it to a local notebook.

I doubt it's possible to send a note to a local notebook from a mobile device unless (maybe) sending the content by email might work???

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

I doubt it's possible to send a note to a local notebook from a mobile device unless (maybe) sending the content by email might work???

I think the issue I read with the OP was trying to upload the note and then the attendant issue with IOS.  So if the note is one they want to keep they could store it in a local notebook for access, just won't have it on other devices.  I just don't know if the same size limits apply to local notebooks.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, burbigo1 said:

I always have the same issues with big notes while synchronizing them

There are different size limits based upon account type.  Large notes eat up Basic upload allowance very quickly.  From Evernote System Limits.

image.png.979e86947486cf95080e095c4ae08b35.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, burbigo1 said:

I always have the same issues with big notes while synchronizing them

Can you clarify what you consider "big"? Also, what is the content: text, images, documents? In another thread, someone was having problems with Evernote for Windows freezing up when they edit a note that (when copied to MS Word) is 298 pages long! Even a much shorter note with a lot of attachments could have problems.

Share this post


Link to post

Appreciate your hints maybe I was not clear enough: I tried to upload an audio file of more than 50MB the first time - no edit to an existing note. Therefore there is no note to move or delete - as the upload was not successful. But still the message pops up that the file was too big to upload. So how can I stop Evernote from trying to upload the audio file again and again?

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Itsmenotyou said:

Appreciate your hints maybe I was not clear enough: I tried to upload an audio file of more than 50MB the first time - no edit to an existing note.

Upload how?  For the limit to get invoked I'm pretty sure the file got added to a note somehow, otherwise there wouldn't be anything to sync.

Share this post


Link to post

I just send it from the Dictaphone app (IPhone) to Evernote. Anyhow, I do not see any new note in Evernote that relates to this upload.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Itsmenotyou said:

I just send it from the Dictaphone app (IPhone) to Evernote. Anyhow, I do not see any new note in Evernote that relates to this upload.

Okay.  Not sure where the note is lurking but EN syncs notes.  Or a bug.  

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Itsmenotyou said:

Anyhow, I do not see any new note in Evernote that relates to this upload.

How about deleting the app, and reinstalling   
This should get rid of the note revenant

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...