I've just started using web clipper on Mac (Safari 13.1) and it is very slow to open - around 6 seconds.  Don't think I want to wait that long every time I want to bookmark something.  Has anyone else found the same thing? 

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, my clipper is crazy slow too. Maybe not quite 6 seconds, but slow enough to make it annoying to use. It hasn't always been this way on Mac. I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox. Firefox is much faster in general for most things. But unfortunately, I have the same issues in the Evernote Web Clipper that I did in Chrome. I'm probably going to switch to Keep It.

• Level 5

WebClipper is not a Bookmark (which would just require to copy the URL), but tries to copy the whole webpage, or the essential parts of it. And it connects to EN, maybe grabbing some information there as well.

I would play with the options (WebClipper settings) to see if any of these influence the time to open. I can’t really advise on how, because my Webclipper opens reasonably fast (MacBook Pro, Catalina, Safari).

Or try support on this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 9:28 PM, PinkElephant said:

WebClipper is not a Bookmark (which would just require to copy the URL), but tries to copy the whole webpage, or the essential parts of it. And it connects to EN, maybe grabbing some information there as well.

I would play with the options (WebClipper settings) to see if any of these influence the time to open. I can’t really advise on how, because my Webclipper opens reasonably fast (MacBook Pro, Catalina, Safari).

Or try support on this.

This issue lasts since very long time, I even think that it annoyed me from very start with how long the clipping "action" takes... I've recently started using Pocket and it saves articles IMMEDIATELY! It's a dream! I wish it will be possible for Evernote developer to manage that, too!

• Level 5*
On 10/6/2020 at 10:26 AM, hrasok said:

This issue lasts since very long time, I even think that it annoyed me from very start with how long the clipping "action" takes... I've recently started using Pocket and it saves articles IMMEDIATELY! It's a dream! I wish it will be possible for Evernote developer to manage that, too!

Since you ask... https://help.getpocket.com/article/1140-using-pocket-with-evernote