When I save an article to Evernote by clicking on my phone's share icon at the bottom of an article I'm reading in my Google news feed, Evernote always saves the article to the wrong notebook. In Evernote for Windows, in the options for Evernote's Web Clipper for Chrome, and in the settings in the Evernote app on my phone, I have set the default notebook to X. However, whenever I save an article by clicking on the share button Evernote always saves it to another notebook. It always saves the article consistently to the wrong notebook. 

My phone is a Pixel 3, Android version 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

• Level 5*

Hi.  Next time you see the green roundel on your mobile when clipping an item,  tap the circle before it completes. There's another menu there from which you can choose a specific notebook in which to save your clip.  I believe that takes precedence over any other settings,  and it's 'sticky' - once you set it,  that's where your notes go for every clip.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I observe the same issue.

Clicking on the circle while clipping works around the issue for this single clip, but next clip will use the wrong default notebook again.

In "settings" - "notebooks" - "private default notebook" I configured "Eingang" as default, but when I share/clip from some different app to evernote,  it still uses "Android" as the default notebook (maybe because this is the first one in alphabetical sorting). I don't like to manually switch to "Eingang" on every single clip...

Greetings
Roland

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, RoRo! said:

I observe the same issue.

Clicking on the circle while clipping works around the issue for this single clip, but next clip will use the wrong default notebook again.

In "settings" - "notebooks" - "private default notebook" I configured "Eingang" as default, but when I share/clip from some different app to evernote,  it still uses "Android" as the default notebook (maybe because this is the first one in alphabetical sorting). I don't like to manually switch to "Eingang" on every single clip...

Greetings
Roland

Hi.

See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828-How-to-use-Evernote-s-advanced-search-syntax

You don't have to intervene on each clip - you could do a tidy-up at the end of a day;  locate all the mobile clips/ notes and move them elsewhere.  Third party app Filterize would do this for you automatically - plus a lot more.

source:

Searches for notes by the application or other source used to create them (e.g., 'mail.smtp' for notes added via email, 'web.clip' for notes added using Web Clipper, etc.).

source:mobile.* will return all notes created on a mobile application of some type.

source:web.clip will return all notes added using Web Clipper.

• Like 1