Sorting entries by heading date

I have been using Evernote for many years, but still have to use a desk diary as I can not find a way to ensure that entries remain in the heading order, like a diary. With a desk diary, if I tried something new 2 months ago & it did not work as I expected, I can go back and add notes on that day. Some days I forget to make entries, then go back & do them several days later. They should remain in calendar sequence like a desk diary. I want to increase the use I make of Evernote & do away with my desk diary, but don't see the point if notes wont stay where they should be.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, frans henn said:

They should remain in calendar sequence like a desk diary.

There's options for the note sequence          1563856683_ScreenShot2020-05-27at3_27_10PM.png.5adcf9d60f71015a742c5173165cbc34.png
All my note titles are prefixed with the subject date; for example   2020/05/21 Receipt [Groceries] 
They "remain in calendar sequence" when viewed in title sequence

DTLOW,  thank you for your reply, but this does not solve the problem! What I need is for the sort to READ the date, so that if I add a receipt which should have gone in on the 5th of last month, I enter the date as the 5th April & it is sorted into that date. Now it just places it at the top of the stack, ie today's date.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, frans henn said:

I enter the date as the 5th April

Where are you entering the date?   
What sequence option have you specified for viewing notes?

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Where are you entering the date?   
What sequence option have you specified for viewing notes?

I am entering the date at the top. I start my day off with;-

28/05/2020 Thursday.

When I close this is copied to the top & is put up in bold letters.

I sort by;- date created. (If I go by "Title" it mixes everything up).

I have tried a date of 2020/05/28. It does not seem to make any difference?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, frans henn said:

I am entering the date at the top. I start my day off with;-

28/05/2020 Thursday.

So, somewhere in the note contents; hence the "heading date"
No, we don't have the option of sorting based on text somewhere in the note contents

>>I sort by;- date created. (If I go by "Title" it mixes everything up).

This suggestion was combined with entering the date in the note title

I would also like to add my own date to the title and search by date (not date created). I've seen many questions regarding this and all responses just state that this option is not available. Can it be created?? How hard would that be? This can really be helpful for me, and as it seems, many other current and potential users.

• Level 5*
On 5/29/2020 at 8:27 PM, simon.j said:

I would also like to add my own date to the title and search by date (not date created). I've seen many questions regarding this and all responses just state that this option is not available. Can it be created?? How hard would that be? This can really be helpful for me, and as it seems, many other current and potential users.

You have to roll your own at the moment if you want title to be a part of note title.  Very easy to do with a text expander like PhraseExpress.  You can create a hotkey using PE that will cause YYYY_MM_DD to be added to the front of a note title.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
On 5/29/2020 at 6:27 PM, simon.j said:

I would also like to add my own date to the title and search by date

Currently, note titles are free form text fields  

I use scripting on a Mac (Applescript) to implement a formatting standard    
My title standard is:   Date Type [Description] keywords