(Archived) Won't sync: Stuck at 3.4 mb remaining

mads

Idea

Hello

I've got Evernote 1.11.0 running on two snow leopard machines. One of them won't sync completely - it keeps being stuck at 3.4 mb, and have been like that for days. Occasionally it gives me an error saying it can't connect to your servers. It does however download new notes, so I'm unsure of what isn't synced (I have about 12300 notes..).

I also have my collection on a Windows 7 64 bit install - that works fine as well.

what can I do?

Mads

2 replies to this idea

There may be information about the problem under: Help > Activity Log...

You can check for networking problems by trying to log in to your account on the web via Safari on that same machine.

Otherwise, you may have some corruption in your Mac database. You could rebuild your database with these instructions:

If you have some important Local Only or unsynced notes, be sure to read the directions at the end of this email to safeguard your information. Otherwise please try the following:

Please try moving your Evernote database directory so that Evernote will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. To do this:

1. Quit Evernote from the elephant icon in the menu bar.

2. In the finder, open the "Library" folder in your home directory. (This is in the directory with your name, NOT at the top level of your hard drive.)

3. Navigate to "Application Support"

4. Move the "Evernote" folder from that location to a different place (like the desktop)

5. Start Evernote, provide your username and password again if needed

This will synchronize all of your notes from the service and create a new local database.

*If you do have any Local Only notebooks, right-click the notebook name in the left-hand notebook pane and select "Export", then export the notebook to .enex format, exporting tags if desired. If you have some unsynchronized notes, you can go to the Note List view, sort by the "Sync" column, and export any notes that have a * in that column to .enex format before following the above instructions. Once those instructions are finished, you can then import the .enex files you created to restore these exported notes.

Archived