(Archived) requested feature: public notebook (share)

I would like very much to have a public notebook (and maybe even a notebook I could share only with a specific group only) and be able to "make public" some of my notes.

example: Let say I need to share a snapshot or a note with someone. I would capture the snapshot and make it public and would them be able to have a link (tinyurl) to this note to then give it in a forum or by IM.

Does this make sense?

Yves.

You can make any notebook public by doing the following:

1. log in to your account via the web

2. select the notebook that you want to publish

3. choose 'Settings' from the notebook actions

4. click the checkbox to Publish the notebook. The public URL for your notebook is shown on that screen

For example, you can view this notebook, even though you are not logged in as 'dave':

http://preview.evernote.com/pub/dave/test

Or see this public notebook with our service release notes:

http://preview.evernote.com/pub/evernote-release/notes/

Note that each public notebook also has an RSS feed associated with it, which you can access via the little orange square RSS logo in the top right.

We realize that this publishing feature is a little bit "hidden" in the UI right now. We plan to address this in the future. If anyone has any interesting public notebooks, feel free to let us know!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just wanted to follow up on the (somewhat hidden) feature request in the first post of this thread. It would be very useful to have a way to Publish a Notebook to other users of Evernote but not to the general public at large. Some Notebooks I don't mind have viewable by the world, but others I'd prefer to share only with friends and coworkers. I think this would make it much more comparable with Google Notes which I use now. However I'd like to move my notes over to Evernote since I love the OCR and drag-drop capability. I'm new to it, but I like it quite a lot and feel it is a very promising Web2.0 application.

Hi, I just wanted to follow up on the (somewhat hidden) feature request in the first post of this thread. It would be very useful to have a way to Publish a Notebook to other users of Evernote but not to the general public at large. Some Notebooks I don't mind have viewable by the world, but others I'd prefer to share only with friends and coworkers. I think this would make it much more comparable with Google Notes which I use now. However I'd like to move my notes over to Evernote since I love the OCR and drag-drop capability. I'm new to it, but I like it quite a lot and feel it is a very promising Web2.0 application.

Yes, we plan to add one-to-one sharing, so you could control access by individual people rather than giving out a single URL to everyone.

Thanks

Archived