Default Notebook for new notes

chrisdelrey

Idea

A user of multiple platforms I've come to rely on the simplicity of the web interface for managing notes. Using notes for personal and work I'm have a premium subscription which initially found cross platform support to be the biggest advantage. now that I've evolved more so the the web interface I can say there have been some good improvement made especially around tables and formatting. The one thing I struggle with though seems to be more fundamental and what seems trivial. If I'm in a notebook and create a new note it always defaults to the first notebook, I read in another post its based on alphabetical order, not the notebook I'm in. This should either be a setting or just let it create the note in the notebook or section you're in. How something so simple and trivial (from my perspective) can be so frustrating. in general it would be great to see more consistency across platform with options and settings.

It's the little things

Chris 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. If you're clipping from the web browser, there are also options in clipper that choose which notebook should be used and whether or not to employ 'smart filing' to automatically assign notebooks and tags... 

• Level 5*
On 5/23/2020 at 7:22 AM, chrisdelrey said:

The one thing I struggle with though seems to be more fundamental and what seems trivial. If I'm in a notebook and create a new note it always defaults to the first notebook,

My experience is different on the web platform (New Version)
If I'm in a notebook, the same notebook is used for new notes

Be aware that a default notebook can be defined   567128289_ScreenShot2020-05-25at1_35_00PM.png.9c275380465cd7ed5bcedd416bb2e75c.png