Jump to content
Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
PCVERSAL

Notes are not indexed and no content found on source code

Recommended Posts

Evernote Free Version:

Example URL:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s377/client/snv?noteGuid=xxxxxxxxxxx

1. Posted notes are not indexed on Google. Please correct me if I am wrong. Do we need Premium account for our notes to be indexed on Google?

2. The content and URLs are not displayed / found on page source code. This is very interesting. This proves that these notes cannot  be indexed on Google. Do we need Premium account to have a normal page behavior? 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi. Where did you get the impression that notes were indexed in Google?  If you search in the Evernote app,  you'll find your notes.  However because users' notes may include personal information,  they are otherwise kept firmly encrypted and behind a firewall.  It is possible to make a note public if you wish,  but that won't automatically mean that Google will find it unless you specifically submit information to that company.  Both Basic and Premium notes are treated identically in this regard.  If yu can explain what you're trying to achieve, maybe we can suggest some options...  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi. Where did you get the impression that notes were indexed in Google?  If you search in the Evernote app,  you'll find your notes.  However because users' notes may include personal information,  they are otherwise kept firmly encrypted and behind a firewall.  It is possible to make a note public if you wish,  but that won't automatically mean that Google will find it unless you specifically submit information to that company.  Both Basic and Premium notes are treated identically in this regard.  If yu can explain what you're trying to achieve, maybe we can suggest some options...  

Could you please tell me how to make a note public? I have checked all the user panel and couldn't find anything how to make it public.

The URL of Evernotes are all Internal Link as the user account says. Internal Link means not public. It means private. This platform SHOULD provide public links which can be indexed by Google Spider (Bot) without submitting a special index action on Google Search Console. Can you believe how this sounds ridiculous? I am a Premium User and I have to make a manual submission on Google Search Console to index my Evernote page.

Evernote builds on Internal Link which means everything is private. No Google index. I want public feature. Please explain me how to make my published note URL to be public?

One other very interesting point is the page source. When you check the page source of your shared note URL, you cannot find anything related to your note in page source. This is a hard core privacy. Is this a hardcore privacy notes platform? If yes, you should use such wording!!! Where is PUBLIC features? Yes explain how to make this hardcore privacy shared notes public and visible?

 

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, PCVERSAL said:

This platform SHOULD provide public links which can be indexed by Google Spider (Bot) without submitting a special index action on Google Search Console.

Interesting idea
You should post this as a feature request at https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/304-general-feature-requests/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, PCVERSAL said:

Could you please tell me how to make a note public? I have checked all the user panel and couldn't find anything how to make it public.

The URL of Evernotes are all Internal Link as the user account says. Internal Link means not public. It means private. This platform SHOULD provide public links which can be indexed by Google Spider (Bot) without submitting a special index action on Google Search Console. Can you believe how this sounds ridiculous? I am a Premium User and I have to make a manual submission on Google Search Console to index my Evernote page.

Evernote builds on Internal Link which means everything is private. No Google index. I want public feature. Please explain me how to make my published note URL to be public?

One other very interesting point is the page source. When you check the page source of your shared note URL, you cannot find anything related to your note in page source. This is a hard core privacy. Is this a hardcore privacy notes platform? If yes, you should use such wording!!! Where is PUBLIC features? Yes explain how to make this hardcore privacy shared notes public and visible?

 

Please be aware that these are user-to-user forums, not a means of addressing Evernote directly. And as a user, I disagree with you completely and rather vehemently on this question. Privacy is in fact hardcore to Evernote, and I would wager that 90%, maybe 99%, of its users like it that way. People upload business and personal records of all kinds to Evernote, and if there is ever any hint that the privacy of this information is being breached, there is a storm of angry protest. Evernote is doing it right, and I'm sure they plan to keep doing it that way. And they absolutely do say so: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/235660588https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/235660588https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313518.

Another way of putting this is that Evernote simply is not the tool for the job you're trying to accomplish. If you want full Google searchability, Google Docs or maybe WordPress would work much better for you.

But in fact it is quite possible to share public links to Evernote notes: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005417; in the current Evernote Windows program, you can right-click on a note in the Note List and share it to social media (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), and from there it will absolutely be searchable by Google. Frankly, it might have been better to have used Evernote's Help & Learning function to find this information (or just Googled it) before coming in here to rant.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...