Keyboard shortcuts not working (Mojave)

I got a new laptop in February, upgrading from OSX 10.9.5 to 10.14 (Mojave). Unfortunately, many of the keyboard shortcuts don't work, including Search Notes, Strikethrough, and Copy Note Link. I've gone into Keyboard > Shortcuts in System Preferences to manually adjust these, but no matter what I do, the shortcuts either don't register, or trigger another action (e.g. creating a new note or copying the public link). Even using the default shortcut (e.g. for Search Notes) doesn't trigger the action.

Can anyone provide guidance for what I might try?

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 6.04.13 p.m..png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi. I appreciate some issues are urgent to the person involved, but this is a (mainly) user supported group and whilst some colleagues here do use Mac (I don't) they may or may not have the ability - or the time -  to assist.

If you'd like to get some help from the company,  there's an Evernote community on Facebook and they have a Twitter account @EvernoteHelps.

Meantime please don't bump enquiries...

• Level 5

Sorry, already on Catalina. Against an opinion vented by some, I like the upgrade and the enhanced security provided by the OS. The permissions needed to give to apps can be a nuisance, but only once, and it gets less and less since most have been granted or revoked already.

I only use few keyboard shortcuts, so I can’t comment on the ones mentioned in this thread. „Usually“ it should work when defined in system settings.