Undo option

Riosmma

Idea

Perhaps i'm unaware of this feature, but it would be really nice to see an option to undo a change. 

I've deleted entire paragraphs, charts etc by accident on multiple occassions and its enough for me to want to light my computer on fire. 

Seriously, its such a basic funtionality that I must have missed how to do it otherwise it seems very silly that this isn't an option. 

Can someone help me if I am missing it? 

Thanks 

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, SKP said:

I just deleted a notebook by mistake! 

Your deleted notes can be restored from the Trash

To indicate your support for this request, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion.     
The request currently has 0 votes

On 6/19/2020 at 6:00 PM, DBalch said:

Is there a feature to undo all changes made since the beginning of the edit session? I put my phone in my pocket which put a lot of gibberish in the current note. Yeah, I laughed about it too until I discovered that I had to undo the changes one at a time.

This is a good suggestion that I agree with. Either some way to see all edits and revert like on google docs or box notes or just for a session. The undo functionality for desktop and mobile needs to be rethought in my opinion. Yes, we can ctrl+Z but if you leave a note and go back there is no way to recover that change.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Riosmma said:

Perhaps i'm unaware of this feature, but it would be really nice to see an option to undo a change. 

I've deleted entire paragraphs, charts etc by accident on multiple occassions and its enough for me to want to light my computer on fire. 

Seriously, its such a basic funtionality that I must have missed how to do it otherwise it seems very silly that this isn't an option. 

Can someone help me if I am missing it? 

Thanks 

Your platform?  Ctrl+Z or equivalent on a desktop, shake the device on an iDevice.  Don't know about Android.

Is there a feature to undo all changes made since the beginning of the edit session? I put my phone in my pocket which put a lot of gibberish in the current note. Yeah, I laughed about it too until I discovered that I had to undo the changes one at a time.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, CalS said:

Your platform?  Ctrl+Z or equivalent on a desktop, shake the device on an iDevice.  Don't know about Android.

I have experienced this also. am using a standard windows desktop. I have notes that are shared among colleagues so that we can have standard wording for certain aspects of our business correspondence. Twice now I have accidentally deleted entire paragraphs with very specific wording and when going through the menu mouse clicks to try to undo, or using the Ctrl-Z option, it does not restore the words. This becomes a major problem for us because we don't have this wording stored anywhere else, it is used in emails that are sent through an online database so we do not have access to a sent file of emails to recreate the paragraphs. I don't want this information stored in Word or other documents so that we can maintain document control and not have every employee keeping their own version of words. I don't understand why this seemingly basic function that I use without issue in every other program, isn't working in Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 1/27/2021 at 8:15 AM, Mrs T-Rex said:

I have experienced this also. am using a standard windows desktop. I have notes that are shared among colleagues so that we can have standard wording for certain aspects of our business correspondence. Twice now I have accidentally deleted entire paragraphs with very specific wording and when going through the menu mouse clicks to try to undo, or using the Ctrl-Z option, it does not restore the words. This becomes a major problem for us because we don't have this wording stored anywhere else, it is used in emails that are sent through an online database so we do not have access to a sent file of emails to recreate the paragraphs. I don't want this information stored in Word or other documents so that we can maintain document control and not have every employee keeping their own version of words. I don't understand why this seemingly basic function that I use without issue in every other program, isn't working in Evernote.

You have to hit Ctrl+Z right away to have a hope of it working.  You might want to save a copy of the note for backup to prevent the issue in the future.  With a premium subscription you can use history to get the note back.