Missing Basic Features in Evernote

Hello Team,
You have come so many times and conquered bugs in the app. 

Didn't you see that there is still no option to add tables in android app. This is completely insane. Pls conquer this bug also. This is a minimum feature. I really dont know what is stopping you to give this feature.

Not only this.  There are small small essential features that millions of people (except Evernote team) use daily are missing in the app.

The Evernote web app has no format painter STILL. It has been there in all other note management apps since ages.  
This results in doing all the font adjustments one by one every time when we copy or write something.  --> If you call this as smart work, Nobody agrees. 

There are no much highlight color options while writing down notes. (only 6)  --> I still don't understand, what is the problem to give more options.
image.png.be31d9f9fe6d1573a75349f4610e5b8a.png
There is no page break option: 
whenever we print the so called beautiful Evernote document, it is not beautiful anymore on paper. uneven breaks in the text. Looks very UGLY. 
This is again a bare minimum feature to have for any note taking app. Pls see below image in print preview. 

image.png.3aa7257e17b4014d53600a1dbbe3ac67.png
And please dont say that Evernote is meant for writing notes in digital environment only and not suitable on papers.

There is no option to align the images. 
Oh my God... Is this something not achievable? a very common & most used feature. People are asking about this feature since years.  YOU DON'T CARE. 
When we try to add an image under a section, it right away starts at the left corner of the page by creating a confusion about its position.  ANd some times, after resiging the image it still show in original size when we re open the document. 

image.thumb.png.bcb98eea8ba6552b596834e55e6d4905.png

Every time after you update the app, we see very eagerly for the change log / What new section hoping that you would have issued some of the essential missing features as mentioned above.  BUT......

you simply write. We came; We saw;  We conquered bugs.  

Didn't you see all these shortcomings in your very popular app. If so, why haven't you conquered these?

I am not a free user to Evernote. Observed all these issues just after using the app for few days recently. May be If any of the above said features are available and are not recognized by me, I would be very happy if you could  guide me to those. 
  • 4 months later...

Hello there!

While definitely theses are some basic features to be requested in Evernote, there are a few workarounds some of them. Might help anyone else who stumble upon this.

There is no page break option: 

You can export the note as HTML and then use Word to open the file. Yes, use MS Word to open the file. You can then change the fonts and everything. Works for tables too. And with multicoloured table rows too!

There is no option to align the images.

This is again true. But you can create a table to two or three columns and then paste a picture inside each cell. It will (somehow) achieve the same effect as having multiple pictures in a single row.

In my experience, having tables inside notes was one of the biggest update to Evernote.

I think some of the features you requested like nicely formatting printing, image alignment etc. are features of word processors and not necessarily key for note taking apps. 

Notes are meant to be quick scribbles and not meant for presenting to others - for the latter we have word processors. 

In fact, this is why I am using Evernote far less now. Notes which I take to present to others, I now type in Power Point or Word. It is easy to searching inside several office documents (there are several apps for that and Onedrive web can do it too) . For the other notes, I am slowing moving them to RTF - whenever I need to access it an old Evernote note, I am saving it as RTF on my local Dropbox folder. This means my notes are not only searchable but also accessible outside of Evernote at any time. 

It works for me - does not mean it will work for everyone though. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Vidalia said:

In fact, this is why I am using Evernote far less now. Notes which I take to present to others, I now type in Power Point or Word. It is easy to searching inside several office documents

I am also a fan using external editors for extended features   
I store the documents in Evernote as note file attachments   
Evernote search indexing includes Office/iWork documents

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Vidalia said:

Well, searching inside Office attachment is premium feature and it also creates a copy of the document inside Evernote. If your document is updated you need to remember to attach it again with Evernote!

Not a good practice to have two copies of documents
Evernote is my digital filing cabinet

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Vidalia said:

Well, searching inside Office attachment is premium feature and it also creates a copy of the document inside Evernote. If your document is updated you need to remember to attach it again with Evernote!

If you open and edit the document from within EN you don't have to reattach, it gets saved backed into EN.