Jump to content

Set default formatting for notes


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know how to set the default formatting in notes? I have a preferred font and size for my text and I don't want to have to change it every time I open a note (or have to change any new text I add in a note after I already changed the existing font: sometimes any new text I add in is in the old default).

Thanks!

Kristna

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Kristna said:

Does anyone know how to set the default formatting in notes? I have a preferred font and size for my text and I don't want to have to change it every time I open a note (or have to change any new text I add in a note after I already changed the existing font: sometimes any new text I add in is in the old default).

Set up a template with font, size, ....

1 hour ago, Mike McGowan said:

On a Mac - Evernote -> Preferences.   Look for the "Formatting" Tab.
Windows - Tool -> Options.  Select "Note".

These settings define the format for default note display on the device
They do not actually apply a font, size to the notes themselves   
This actually works for me; I rarely define specific format in notes

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*
47 minutes ago, gazumped said:

....and changing the default font doesn't alter existing notes,  it just affects new ones...

Not exactly my friend.  If a note is created with the default font it will change to the new default font.  Any text where the font has been willingly changed won't change to the new default. 

ScreenClip.png.9eac3e1897abb64c5a8b310bd73c6860.png         ScreenClip.png.15c8071bbb30bdd5a0bdefcf4c9fd1de.png     

  • Like 1
Link to post

This doesn't seem to apply to iOS.. if I create a note, set it to the largest font size, then save it as a template, then try to use that template, it doesn't appear to include the font size - I start typing and it is in the tiny default font. But if the template includes some text in the large font, then it is fine.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, ObviousBob said:

This doesn't seem to apply to iOS.. if I create a note, set it to the largest font size, then save it as a template, then try to use that template, it doesn't appear to include the font size - I start typing and it is in the tiny default font. But if the template includes some text in the large font, then it is fine.

Never tried to create a template on IOS.  What I do know re PC desktop and IOS fonts is that drag and drop or text insertion on the PC, which looks fine on the PC, does not look fine on IOS.  I use PhraseExpress to insert some text into notes.  I insert using my default font of Roboto 10.  Looks fine on the PC but ends up as Times Roman on the iDevices.  I ended up modifying the phrases to insert the text and then remove format of the just added text to have the same view on both platforms.  PITA.

May not have anything to do with your issue, but I don't know that there is font consistency or whatever you might call it on IOS.  Hence the new editor and all the rest of the plumbing that is in the works I suppose.

Link to post
  • 9 months later...
Version:
10.8.5-mac-ddl-public (2367)
Editor: v118.1.15148
Service: v1.28.5
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved
 
I'm working with the version of Evernote outlined above. When I go to Preference under Evernote I see this:

(See attached file)

 
There is no "Formatting Tab".
 
I would like to know how to set the "formatting" for ALL notes that I create in the future.
 
Thanks! Charles

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 5.36.44 AM.png

Link to post
20 hours ago, cebellmd said:

I would like to know how to set the "formatting" for ALL notes that I create in the future.

In V10 there is no way to change the default formatting options. You can change the style of the four predefined settings (Large header, medium header etc) but that only works for the current note. The only way around I know is to make those changes and then save the note as a template.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...