REQUEST: Switch Between More than 4 Profiles

CWalsh23

Idea

I have 5 Evernote Premium accounts, each of which has hundreds of notes (and many folders/stacks).  I find having multiple accounts helps simplify this greatly. Additionally, each account is focused on a particular aspect of my life/work, providing a degree of mental separation and focus which is important to me.

Evernote for Windows restricts to 4 the number of profiles you can easily switch between (under the 'File' menu).  If you add a 5th account, you effectively get logged out of one of the other accounts.  Which makes switching between accounts a painful experience.

I have tried to use my 5th account using web Evernote, but it simply doesn't provide the quality of experience of Evernote for Windows.

The limit of 4 accounts in Evernote for Windows seems arbitrary, and technically unnecessary.  And from a business point of view, counterproductive: if people are happy to pay for more than 4 accounts, why would you cut off that extra revenue?

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 5/12/2020 at 9:20 AM, CWalsh23 said:

The limit of 4 accounts in Evernote for Windows seems arbitrary, and technically unnecessary.  And from a business point of view, counterproductive: if people are happy to pay for more than 4 accounts, why would you cut off that extra revenue?

I'd agree it was probably an arbitrary choice,  though likely influenced by the usual user complaints about wasting space for seldom-used features and the importance of screen real-estate.  Certainly I'm a 10-year user of Evernote with 50k+ notes and (very approximately) a couple hundred notebooks scattered about the place,  but I never found it an issue - at most I've had one alternative Basic account queued up alongside my main account for various operational reasons.  If asked nicely Evernote might consider removing or extending the limit - though whether they would actually get increased revenue from it seems unlikely.  In my experience many users object to paying for one account,  much less several...

• Level 5*
On 5/12/2020 at 1:20 AM, CWalsh23 said:

I have 5 Evernote Premium accounts, each of which has hundreds of notes (and many folders/stacks).  I find having multiple accounts helps simplify this greatly. Additionally, each account is focused on a particular aspect of my life/work, providing a degree of mental separation and focus which is important to me.

I was wondering about the need for 5 Evernote Premium accounts   
I'm currently running at 15k notes, and anticipate up to 50k with no problems   
Using the tag feature, I find it easy to focus note selection

• Level 5*

Would one premium account with 4 basic accounts run into the same issue?

EDIT:  Also, the issue I have with signing in to multiple accounts is that they all use the same On Demand setting.  I don't like ODS for my main account but it would be fine for a not used often database.  I would like to have access to my Basic archive account but If I sign in via the desktop client all 5,800 notes get downloaded and a few GB of SSD gets consumed.  One case where the web is better.