Web beta fails to open

• Level 5

It's an odd experience. At times when I try to open the Web beta, whether to a specific note using a link or just going to https://www.evernote.com/client/web, I get nothing but a completely blank window. When that happens, any other Web beta window or tab will also be blank. If I can manage to log out of Evernote (e.g., from Help & Learning) and then log back in, it generally begins to work properly. Anyone else seeing this?

• Level 5

Sigh. Another problem that no one else has, I guess. And now it has merged with my other unique issue: just now I woke my computer back up and went to an Evernote Web tab, and found the familiar 

But when I did the only thing that gets me out of that spinning circle, refreshing the page, it just went blank, in every Evernote Web tab I had open. I was able to go to the Help & Learning Center from the Windows desktop program, log in to that, and then log out of Evernote. But when I tried to log back in, just more whiteness. This only happens in Opera, not in Firefox, so I'll use EN in that; perhaps this is why no one else here is confirming these problems.

EDIT: And then, just as magically, I clicked on an EN tab with the spinning circle, refreshed the page, and not only that tab but all the other EN tabs came back. Intermittency: the bane of digital existence.

On 5/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

At times when I try to open the Web beta, whether to a specific note using a link or just going to https://www.evernote.com/client/web, I get nothing but a completely blank window. When that happens, any other Web beta window or tab will also be blank. If I can manage to log out of Evernote (e.g., from Help & Learning) and then log back in, it generally begins to work properly. Anyone else seeing this?

I have experienced a similar problem. Certain actions on the web beta, such as refreshing the webpage or closing/opening the window, yield a blank page. I am using Safari Version 13.1.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem on one of my machines. Evernote Web just loaded a blank page. I found out that the version of chrome was out of date. updating to the latest version fixed the problem for me. Unfortunately i've forgotten what javascript function exactly was missing from the older version of Chrome. It might be interesting to open the developer tools and see if the javascript tab lists any errors or exceptions.

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Thanks, @ehrt74. I'm using Opera, which is also Chromium-based. I've sent support requests to both Opera and Evernote, so we'll see. Meanwhile, if (when) it happens, I open Evernote in Firefox, which doesn't have this problem (though it has others).

It might be interesting to have a page here in the forum detailing the latest versions of evernote web beta in various browsers / operating systems. For example, on my Chromebook and my Ubuntu laptop (both running chrome browser) i'm on 6.11.0 at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Level 5

Updating this: Unfortunately, it continues to occur sporadically. I find that it can always be fixed by going to Opera's settings and clearing all cookies, even just from the last hour (so that every site I've ever visited doesn't get its cookies tossed, so to speak.) I remain in dialog with Evernote support, and have been sending logs from the Opera developer's console, as they requested.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Still happens, albeit rarely. It happened just now when I was returning to the Web editor after dealing with an occurrence of the duplicating-notes problem. And this is now in v. 10.0.0 of the Web editor. Given the version jump from 6.17, I wonder if this is intended to be the stable version. If so ... very close, but not quite.