How do I see the size of my Evernote database?

Mark F

Idea

I am simply trying to determine the total amount of GB of all my items in Evernote.  Where can I find this? (I've tried the CTRL-About Evernote and CTRL-Help and neither gives me the info.

Also, I'm assuming that all the data is stored in the cloud, but then I read that if the Evernote app is installed (Mac), notes are also store locally.  Is this true?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Yes, a full copy of our data is stored locally on the Mac Platform

To identify the database location, hold down the option key and click Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database Folder   
You can then check the size of this folder

On 5/12/2020 at 2:45 AM, DTLow said:

Yes, a full copy of our data is stored locally on the Mac Platform

To identify the database location, hold down the option key and click Help > Troubleshooting > Open Database Folder   
You can then check the size of this folder

Your information is very interesting and it work for me. Thank you for sharing

Tellpizzahut

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Patton said:

I can't get the open database folder submenu from help even when pressing option, is there another way to find the size of my local database on my mac?

The  Version 10 local storage is at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Evernote

This information is so dated.

The actual Location of "Evernote" for data (notes) storage

on a Mac with the latest macOS is:

///Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote/

Evernote does NOONE any favor by hiding this important information.

AW

• Level 5

Nobody is hiding anything - there usually is just no need at all to go looking for the EN data storage. It looks after itself.

If you check the forum, you find the database location documented in a ton of threads - only a lunatic would try to keep it secret 🤪 this way. The location was even shared by EN staff - which is remarkable, since EN staff only rarely contributes to forum threads.

So the information is not important at all, but you can go looking any time.

• Like 1