Note and Tag Links

neboling

Idea

Hi there-- I believe the note linking is Evernote's most powerful feature. To that end, I'd like to request two features that would make it even better:

1) Is there a way you guys could allow tag links? In other words, if I have a note that somewhat resembles a table of contents note (like a one sheet for a project I'm working on), could you allow for a tag to be linked? That way-- when you click on the link, it opens the tag list of all the notes tagged appropriately? I guess there's also notebook links, but I can't envision a scenario where that would be helpful.

2) In the desktop Mac version (but all versions, really), it would be great to have a button at the top of the note that allows you to easily copy the note link. I know you can pull this off with shortcuts, but I have a hard time remembering the shortcuts for all of the features. This would be especially useful in the app-- which is very cumbersome to click on the share icon, select "private link copy" and then paste the link in a different note.

I am an Evernote evangelist and I would be lost without it. Thanks for considering these requests!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, neboling said:

2) In the desktop Mac version (but all versions, really), it would be great to have a button at the top of the note that allows you to easily copy the note link.

2026241184_ScreenShot2020-05-07at8_37_08AM.png.73dfa907b3ecb81052fc309236d02490.png

As you indicated we already have the share button; more buttons could get cluttered
We can also right-click on the note in the list > Copy Note Link (Mac)

>>1) Is there a way you guys could allow tag links? 

There's a request posted at the note linked below
To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

• Like 1