Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×
ruralrelic

HTML content to editable text

I use Evernote frequently but I am an inexperieced user when it comes to technacalities.

My notes are divided into calendar months.

I have just opened the entries for MAY, they are now in HTML format, they were not in this format originally as I entered daily notes for the month of May in previous years.

How do I change the entire previous MAY content from HTML format back to editable text?

Chromebook using ChromeOS

Hi. Always good to mention what OS, browser and Evernote version you're using if you need technical help. The new Web version of Evernote has some HTML content which you may be able to avoid if you step back to the previous version. Try opening the app menu by clicking your account icon at the top left of the screen. There should be an option there to revert to an earlier version.

@ruralrelic, I often find this in notes created by clipping from the Web, or sometimes from emailing into Evernote. Using Evernote in a Web browser, the material shows up surrounded by a gray box labeled "HTML content". Is that what you're seeing? If so, try clicking on the top gray bar of the box. That should bring up a "magic wand" icon that lets you convert the material to editable text. Hope this helps!

Thank you all for replying.

Dave-in- Decatur - that is exactly what I am seeing.

I have tried this, the magic wand appears and I click on it but it does not alter the text, it remains in HTML.

I wonder, does this magic wand work with Chrome OS.

None of my notes are clipped from the web all wtitten by me, I dont know why they have been converted to HTML ?

Any ideas on getting the magic wand to work?

On 5/2/2020 at 2:14 PM, ruralrelic said:

Thank you all for replying.

Dave-in- Decatur - that is exactly what I am seeing.

I have tried this, the magic wand appears and I click on it but it does not alter the text, it remains in HTML.

I wonder, does this magic wand work with Chrome OS.

None of my notes are clipped from the web all wtitten by me, I dont know why they have been converted to HTML ?

Any ideas on getting the magic wand to work?

That is quite peculiar. There are annoying differences in how well the Web beta works across different browsers. Have you tried going back to the "previous" version of the Evernote Web client? Click your initial and account name at top left and choose the option from there.