How to display exact date in notes column for notes not older than 4 weeks?

Hi, I'm using the old webclient. In the "Notes" column on the left the creation date is written just under the note's title. Unfortunately for notes from the last 4 weeks it doesn't display the date but something like "4 hours ago", "3 days ago", "Last week", which is not very helpful when working with notes from the last days/weeks. Can this behaviour be changed somewhere in the old webclient?

I'm not able to use the new webclient because 25% of my notes and also some notebooks are missing in there (to be exactly: are not showing up, but can be found and accessed by searching).

Thank you for reading!

evernote.png.fe2fc1635491d346a38a03944f86f280.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  There's no way that I know to alter the date format employed by Evernote - the only suggestion would be to create a timestamp using some text expander software (I use Phrase Express) to avoid having to type the same date and (slightly) different time multiple times during the day,  and add that to your note titles.  I date a lot of my notes where the content has a different date to the creation date of the note,  but something in this format "20200504 1701" produced with a single key combination takes a lot of the work out of documenting process.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
On 5/1/2020 at 5:13 AM, Dr.Sbaitso said:

Hi, I'm using the old webclient. In the "Notes" column on the left the creation date is written just under the note's title. Unfortunately for notes from the last 4 weeks it doesn't display the date but something like "4 hours ago", "3 days ago", "Last week", which is not very helpful when working with notes from the last days/weeks. Can this behaviour be changed somewhere in the old webclient?

I'm not able to use the new webclient because 25% of my notes and also some notebooks are missing in there (to be exactly: are not showing up, but can be found and accessed by searching).

Thank you for reading!

Wow.  I don't use the web client all that much and I've never noticed this.  I can understand how it would be a PITA if the web were your main client.  The "new" web version uses Today, Yesterday, and then May 2, May 1, ..., so better.  But I'm assuming you already no that and the other issues are keeping you on the older version.  Sympathies. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys for your replies. A selfmade timestamp would work (I sometimes used that in the past, though only the date part and for other reasons) but to be honest I'm too lazy to add that to each and every note, especially when typing on my android device (I hate typing on small touchscreens, but that's just me). The creation date works for me, it did for the last 10 years, I'm not willing to give it up 😃
Sad (and strange) fact: I used the new web client for I can't remember how long and just since last week (30/04/2020) it "eats" notes and notebooks. Maybe it did before and I didn't notice, but now there is a gap between the beginning of January and mid April without a single note showing up (except in search results).

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dr.Sbaitso said:

Thank you guys for your replies. A selfmade timestamp would work (I sometimes used that in the past, though only the date part and for other reasons) but to be honest I'm too lazy to add that to each and every note, especially when typing on my android device (I hate typing on small touchscreens, but that's just me). The creation date works for me, it did for the last 10 years, I'm not willing to give it up 😃
Sad (and strange) fact: I used the new web client for I can't remember how long and just since last week (30/04/2020) it "eats" notes and notebooks. Maybe it did before and I didn't notice, but now there is a gap between the beginning of January and mid April without a single note showing up (except in search results).

Hope something gets fixed for you soon. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5
11 hours ago, Dr.Sbaitso said:

A number of people have reported this sort of behavior, so the programmers are aware of it. Fortunately for me, I've never experienced it, but it sounds very alarming.