Can't paste image from clipboard

This used to work.  I've used it thousands of times during my many years off daily Evernote use, but it has started failing recently.

I can no longer paste an image from the clipboard into an Evernote note on the Windows version. {As an aside, I capture images to the clipboard via various image capture tools.}

Immediately after pasting, the universal missing image blob appears, not the intended image.  If I attempt to open that blob (right-click, open), the intended image opens in my chosen image editor. After closing the note and returning to it, the image is nowhere to be found.

The Evernote version is: 6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954),running on Windows 10, version 1909.

THANKS for any suggestions!

missing-image.png

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I just tested, and found that this is working for me. There have been a couple of reports (here and here) of failure to paste into the Web version of Evernote, but you're using the Windows desktop program. Assuming that image pasting is working in other programs, and that the problem is not related to the source of the image (Web, other program, local drive), you might try closing Evernote completely (File > Exit; or use the Task Manager; the red X box only closes the interface), and then restarting it. This sometimes clears up snafus in memory. Options past that include rebooting the computer and reinstalling Evernote. But hopefully it won't come to that.

• Level 5*
On 4/30/2020 at 9:40 AM, Bob Easton said:

This used to work.  I've used it thousands of times during my many years off daily Evernote use, but it has started failing recently.

I can no longer paste an image from the clipboard into an Evernote note on the Windows version. {As an aside, I capture images to the clipboard via various image capture tools.}

Immediately after pasting, the universal missing image blob appears, not the intended image.  If I attempt to open that blob (right-click, open), the intended image opens in my chosen image editor. After closing the note and returning to it, the image is nowhere to be found.

The Evernote version is: 6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954),running on Windows 10, version 1909.

THANKS for any suggestions!

missing-image.png

I've seen this sometimes though note often.  Workaround I've used when I can't Ctrl+V into a note is to paste to desktop and then drag to the note.  PITA but seem to work.  Same on tholse occasions when I can't drag from EN to another app, desktop as intermediary.

Thanks Dave-in-Decatur.

Unfortunately, none of those ideas worked.  Not even removing Evernote, rebooting, and reinstalling Evernote helped.  

So, I've tried on a laptop that's also 6.24.2.8919 and Windows 10.  It works great.  Lemee see now... The system that works is at Win10, 1909, and the system that is failin is still at 1903.  I was wrong above.  Time to go update and see what happens.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

OK.  This is getting crazy. 

Two computers at the same levels of Evernote and Windows.  One works, the other fails.

I can paste an image into Evernote on the laptop and see it OK.  Sync to the cloud.  Go to the other computer and sync.  Everything is OK.

Doing the reverse, pasting on the failing computer leaves the missing image blob ... but the note list shows a correct thumbnail of the image. (see attached)  Then, after a sync cycle the missing image blob disappears.  Syncing that note to the working computer does not bring along the image.  Lots of head scratching...

Any additional suggestions appreciated.

evernote-image-problem.png

CalS, ... the machines are certainly different.   One is a 6-core home-built desktop.  The other is a 4-core store-bought laptop (LG Gram).  Lots of other differences too.  I'm sure there must be some other gremlin software on the desktop/failing machine.  Just haven't gone through the tedium of finding it yet.

BTW, your earlier suggestion of drag-n-drop from the desktop works great on the laptop, and on an browser client, but not on the failing machine.

Time for me to do some detective work...  Thanks for your thoughts. 

RESOLVED!

After removing some old programs I no longer needed, doing a malware scan, and some other cleanup, I concluded some sort of database corruption might be the cause.  I deleted ALL .exb files and let the client rebuild them.  Copy-n-paste now works, and so does drag-n-drop.

Thanks Cal and Dave for your suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Bob Easton said:

RESOLVED!

After removing some old programs I no longer needed, doing a malware scan, and some other cleanup, I concluded some sort of database corruption might be the cause.  I deleted ALL .exb files and let the client rebuild them.  Copy-n-paste now works, and so does drag-n-drop.

Thanks Cal and Dave for your suggestions.

You are welcome and glad you got it sorted.