How to sync 2 pc different evernote installs to online evernote

I started with evernote  an one PC and later got a different PC where I continued still on the same account.  That second PC has since been destroyed along with the disk holding the EN data, that is now only online.

I've fallen back to my original PC for now but that orig pc's  on disk EN is now way out of date with the online data and holds much less data than is available online

I want to make sure that if I start the pc version and click sync I won't be erasing a bunch of the online data.

Should I move whatever data is on the  PC  to a thumb drive and leave EN empty on disk before syncing?  Or is it safe to just open the PC version and sync with server... maybe ending with some duplication.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, hput3 said:

I want to make sure that if I start the pc version and click sync I won't be erasing a bunch of the online data.

The most up-to-date data is stored on the servers (online)
Syncing will download this data to your PC; it doesn't matter if your PC has old data
The only way your device data overwrites the server data is if your device has more up-to-date data

• Like 1
  • Level 5

For myself, to be sure of getting exactly what I want (a version of the Evernote notes database on my PC that exactly matches what is online), I would in fact move the Evernote database to another drive, and probably uninstall Evernote altogether, then reinstall it and let it sync to the online database. As @DTLow says, the chances of having a problem by just starting Evernote on the PC are very, very small. But a fresh install and download is the most certain, IMHO.