Cannot permanently remove highlighting from text

I have some highlighted text in a note. I can simply select and de-highlight the text, but when I view a different note, and then return to the original note, the text is highlighted again as if I had never removed it. Please help, this is more annoying than the feeling of pulling up your pants and not tucking your boxers down.

-s

(PS I have posted this exact same thread in "general technical issues" as I was not sure where would be the most appropriate place to post)

• Level 5*

This is better if you are using a Mac, best to post in just one forum.  Where did the note come from?  Something you typed, copy/pasted from somewhere, web clip?

Thanks CalS,

The note contains ONLY text I've typed directly into Evernote. Nothing has been copied/pasted whatsoever from any other source.

I am aware of the carrying of weird formatting from copy/pasting things from the web or other sources that is (annoyingly) not removable from the text in the note, but that is a separate issue from this one.

-s

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, guitardude109 said:

Thanks CalS,

The note contains ONLY text I've typed directly into Evernote. Nothing has been copied/pasted whatsoever from any other source.

I am aware of the carrying of weird formatting from copy/pasting things from the web or other sources that is (annoyingly) not removable from the text in the note, but that is a separate issue from this one.

-s

You are welcome.  Glad you have a workaround (from the other thread).  May be overkill, but did you try simplify or remove format?